V32 Halyard Lead Blocks

Nov 19, 2023
Hunter 32 Vision Watauga Lake, TN
Hi. New owner of a 1989 Vision 32. Among the many things I need to do, is to replace sheaves in the pictured blocks at the base of my mast. Despite my best google-fu, I'm coming up empty handed. Questions:

1. Are these blocks original from the factory, and therefore possibly shop made in Alachua?
  2. Can someone point me to a source for replacement sheaves to fit these blocks? If above is true, there must have been an OEM part?
  3. Is there a compelling reason to abandon these and replace them with aftermarket upright lead blocks? I haven't found anything wider than doubles in a rigid deck mount.
  4. What kind of Load Rating should I be looking for here? These lines are main halyard, vang, and maybe boom furler? (I'll have a closer look next week when I'm at the boat).
Thanks in advance. I've searched the Hunter Factory Docs but there's precious little on the Vision 32 and the vendor folder didn't yield results for me.

Attachments

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
It looks like the sheaves can be easily removed and replaced. Try searching for replacement sheaves. You will need the sheave diameter, the axle diameter, and the width dimensions.

Garhauer makes sheaves and there is one other company that specializes in sheaves, but I can't recall the company's name.