V Berth

DRF18

Oct 4, 2019
Catalina 310 Milwaukee, WI
What are the dimensions of the V Berth Mattress in the 2002 Catalina 310? Does any one know of nice sized V Berth bedding..sheets, blankets, etc.?

Nov 18, 2010
Catalina 310 Hingham, MA
It's essentially a queen at the widest point. When we replaced our mattress we bought a queen latex and cut off the corners with a bread knife to make it fit.

Nov 16, 2012
Catalina 310, 2000, #31 31 Santa Cruz
I measured it and cut and sewed a set of sheets (and blanket and comforter) to fit. Ran new elastic for the fitted sheet. Pretty easy to do and makes it so much easier to make the bed.

Nov 2, 2008
Beneteau 331 Chicago (DuSable)
Please consider using a "ticking stick" that is used by shipwrights so outline irregular shapes such as v-berths. Very easy and on a nice day fast easy and fun. You can tape a piece of butcher paper or I use last years Christmas paper to on the white side. "Tick" out each corner and a few marks on the curved hull.

You then tape up a full sheet with he same paper on your driveway. Tape down too ticking paper and use to to transfer wither on paper or direct on the mattress. Hard to follow but watch a video and it will make sense.

Here is a link or just google.

Tom J

Sep 30, 2008
Catalina 310 Quincy, MA
The term V-berth is something of a mislabel when applied to the C-310. We still call it the v-berth, but it would more accurately be called the forward berth, since it is essentially a walk-around berth. One of the reasons we bought the C-310 is that a couple can lay down with their heads either forward or aft. Reading lights are installed at the forward end of the berth, which work very well for us.
We have always used standard queen sheets and folded the excess material under the mattress, but a custom fitted sheet would sure be nice!

Dec 16, 2011
Catalina 310 Atlantic Highlands
AND I spent a fortune and bought the sheets from Catalina that fit the v-berth and the ones that fit the aft-berth. I'd been using cheap King sheets from Target but the family hated them.

Nov 16, 2012
Catalina 310, 2000, #31 31 Santa Cruz
We have always used standard queen sheets and folded the excess material under the mattress, but a custom fitted sheet would sure be nice!
If I was an entrepreneur I’d sew up a bunch and sell them! Seriously, making a fitted sheet wasn’t that hard.

May 3, 2008
Catalina 310 Catawba Island
AND I spent a fortune and bought the sheets from Catalina that fit the v-berth and the ones that fit the aft-berth. I'd been using cheap King sheets from Target but the family hated them.
They are great sheets - expensive but worth every penny!