V-Berth headliner replacement 1993 Passage '42

Feb 11, 2023
Hunter Passage Chestertown
Hello all - Hoping to get some advice/direction/instructions on replacing headliner on the V-berth walls (moldy, ugly...it's time). I've watched the Sailrite video a gazillion times and get the gist of it. However, the '93 Passage 42 has woodwork where the bed meets the walls (as well as a vanity area/port side). I'm concerned about how remove this in these areas - but more importantly - how to reinstall it in these areas so it looks neat. I can't remove the wood, so I need to know what tools/tricks to use to tuck the headliner in/under the wood so it looks finished.

The headliner is intact - not falling - and is in otherwise good shape/appearance (you can tell people sprayed clorox or cleaner on it...splotchy in areas). So if anyone has great ideas for getting it clean and looking good again, I'm all ears, eyes, open arms... Will be back on the boat this weekend and will take pics if that helps :)

Thank you!

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Before replacing the wall liner, that is if it remains in good condition (no tears or rips), I would start with a good scrubbing using Soft Scrub brand cleaner. I've used it before on the soft liner areas in the aft cabin and it cleaned up dirt and mold quite well.

Feb 11, 2023
Hunter Passage Chestertown
Thank you, Terry! I will give it a go this weekend and hope it makes an improvement. Will keep you posted :)