USCG NVDC Vessel Documentation Search Question

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Tartan 3800 20 Westport, MA
Greetings,

I recall not too long ago when performing a vessel search via the Coast Guard's National Vessel Documentation search site that results returned owner information, including name and address. Now I can't find that.

I met the owner of Tartan 3800 hull no. 3 in Edgartown and neglected to get his contact info. I figured I'd just search for his boat. I found it, but no owner info.

Has this been removed, or am I just looking in the wrong place?

Here's where I searched: USCG PSIX Search Page You can find my boat by putting in 1042207 for the official number, but my contact info won't show up.

Thanks,

jv

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
I think you are looking at the Privacy Upgrade in acted by the CG. You can contact the center if you know the vessel info and they may be able to give you more detail if you have a good reason. I know I had a devil of a time identifying the previous owner of my boat when I tried to process documentation. I found my self in a catch 22. The previous owner had not completed the paper work he started with the CG and the CG was not telling me the name to protect the previous owner, yet they would not approve my request til the paper work was in order.

3 weeks of bureaucracy back and forth, but persistence sometimes works.

Perhaps the Harbor Master in Edgartown could be more helpful.

Jul 27, 2011
Bavaria 38E Alamitos Bay
Greetings,

I recall not too long ago when performing a vessel search via the Coast Guard's National Vessel Documentation search site that results returned owner information, including name and address. Now I can't find that.

I met the owner of Tartan 3800 hull no. 3 in Edgartown and neglected to get his contact info. I figured I'd just search for his boat. I found it, but no owner info.

Has this been removed, or am I just looking in the wrong place?

Here's where I searched: USCG PSIX Search Page You can find my boat by putting in 1042207 for the official number, but my contact info won't show up.

Thanks,

jv
Yeah. They quit releasing personal owner information, just recently I believe.
KG