USB at the Helm

Mar 29, 2015
Catalina 310 Essex, NY
Has anyone looked at a USB solution at the Helm of the C310? I use Navionics App on my phone but the battery gets low within 5 hours or so...
I'm looking into the same exact issue (and reason). Want USB up high, as waterproof as possible, and ideally not drawing power away from existing instruments. Might be dreaming... Look fwd to seeing what you come up with!

JRT

Feb 14, 2017
Catalina 310 211 Lake Guntersville, AL
I bought this:

Scanstrut ROKK Charge Rapid Charge Waterproof USB Socket Amazon.com : Scanstrut ROKK Charge Rapid Charge Waterproof USB Socket : Sports & Outdoors

Going to install it on the flat topside of the trim for the folding table. It will be a bit longer cable run then I wanted, but I'm not interested in changing out my instrument pods right now. But if I was changing instrument out I would probably size it for some extra space to install the same US< socket in the face. Honestly sailing our lake I have limited need for too much advance electronics so right now I'll keep what I have and replace and upgrade as it dies.

Dec 28, 2015
Laser, Hunter H30 Cherubini Tacoma
It did give me the idea of converting my pedestal compass light into the circuit that feeds it. Who needs a compass light?

Nov 16, 2012
Catalina 310, 2000, #31 31 Santa Cruz
It did give me the idea of converting my pedestal compass light into the circuit that feeds it. Who needs a compass light?
At night when you want to see what direction something is???

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
@marchem isn't that why we wear the red light head lamps? Or are they just to look goofy for the power boaters?