US SPARS Question

Apr 27, 2010
Beneteau 352 Hull #276 Ontario
Has anyone had issues getting a response from them lately?
I wanted to order some spar parts from their online catalog and some of them would not go into the cart because they indicated special.
So I sent an email (Twice) over 2 weeks and no response.
Strange

Nov 21, 2007
Beneteau Oceanis 34 Kingston, WA
That is kind of strange. I ordered a couple of blocks for the mast base early this fall and didn’t have any issues at all. Had more of a problem getting an item from Spinlock through another retailer.

Apr 27, 2010
Finally they got back to me. Looks like I'm on my own. I'll have to make the part.

DougM

Jul 24, 2005
Beneteau 323 Manistee, MI
Thats a simple part to attach the spreader arm to the crossmember. You can easily make one by drilling and tapping a piece of bar stock. If I recall, its about 1/4 x 1/2 or 3/8 by 3/4 aluminum screw size 10-24 or 1/4-20.

Apr 27, 2010
Thats a simple part to attach the spreader arm to the crossmember. You can easily make one by drilling and tapping a piece of bar stock. If I recall, its about 1/4 x 1/2 or 3/8 by 3/4 aluminum screw size 10-24 or 1/4-20.
Thanks Doug, I have the other ones as a template. Drilling and tapping Stainless steel is a pain in the butt and usually requires a few drill bits. I thought they would have had some spare ones lying around and it's still on their order form as Special. I never thought I'd lose one.:huh:

Apr 27, 2010
did you call Ward Richardson at Beneteau parts? Just a thought. THere were quite a few US Spar parts on the 352 website.
It's not on their website, but I will email Ward , Got nothing to lose.

Mar 20, 2016
Beneteau 351 WYC Whitby
Unlike USSpars, Ward replied within 10 minutes. No Joy though!:(
Have you tried rig-rite or Z spars UK ,maybe you will get lucky and they have old stock on shelf. Is it just a tapped piece of 316 stainless ?Mine is different ,mine is a solid piece drilled going thru mast and spreaders slide on and bolt thru it

Last edited:

DougM

Jul 24, 2005
Beneteau 323 Manistee, MI
Thanks Doug, I have the other ones as a template. Drilling and tapping Stainless steel is a pain in the butt and usually requires a few drill bits. I thought they would have had some spare ones lying around and it's still on their order form as Special. I never thought I'd lose one.:huh:
I didn’t recall that piece being stainless steel, though you may be correct...
I thought those were aluminum.
Not much help to you, but I have two of them in my junk box a thousand miles away from where I am.

Apr 27, 2010
Have you tried rig-rite or Z spars UK ,maybe you will get lucky and they have old stock on shelf. Is it just a tapped piece of 316 stainless ?Mine is different ,mine is a solid piece drilled going thru mast and spreaders slide on and bolt thru it
Good Catch Mechone!

Plate.jpg

$29 US for one set. Plus $27 US Shipping, That's $70 Canadian.:yikes: