Upholstered cushions in cabin

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Susan

My husband & I are very interested in buying a 1990 Cat34, however I'm not crazy about the interior cushion design. Is it outlandishly expensive to have them redone? Does Catalina sell repacement covers? I haven't found anything on this. Can anyone direct me? Thanks.

J

jv

It depends, I guess...

Here's a data point for you: a friend just got a complete set of new upholstery, including foaam (some of which is contoured) for hsi Sabre 34, and it was about $7,000.

J

John Langsenkamp

Upholstered cushions

In reply to jv of Westport, MA, the $7000. for reupholstering is a bit high.I have never reupholstered cushions on a sailboat but have on few chairs for my home. I must have reupholtersed comparable amount of cushions of variuos shapes. It wasn't close half the cost Sabre. Susan I would considered getting a quote from a non-marine upholsterer. They will have good material and probapbly for less than a marine upholsterer.

D

Dave LaPere ( Nature's Cradle)

$7,000.00

My Goodness, I am in the wrong business. 7 grand for redoing all the cushions? somebody saw dollar signs when they asked that guy for an estimate. Unless you are talking Rodeo Drive and Mink cushions out here in Hollywood, or Sak's 5th Ave NY??? I think I could redo the cushions myself just a bit cheaper even if I had to learn at a community college how to do it. It would be worth the $50.00 course. Tell you what, I know Catalina Direct has alot of contacts for the smaller Catalina boat owners all over the country. You might want to try their website and ask them for a reference. They have an 800 number it's 1-800-959-7245. they are located in Sacramento Cal but have contacts all over. Happy sailing :) Dave LaPere

B

BILL SHAKUN

SUIGGESTIONS ON INTERIOR

Contact JSI in florida and go with covers, they look great and can be removed when tired of the look. A local upholstery shop can make covers from patterns. I redid a 31 Hunter for less than $500.00.

M

Mike McPartland

cushions

Three years ago I redid all the cushions in an ODAY 35 for $2000. that included new foam in two cushions for Vberth. Shop around sounds like lots of variables.

R

Russ Williams

C36 Upholstery

$7000 sounds way off the mark. JSI in Florida just quoted me about $2500 for ALL NEW cushions and ALL NEW upholstery for my 1984 C-36 and I thought that was kind of high. Russ

D

Dennis Thomas

Catalina may do it.

A few years ago I went through the local dealer and had Catalina re-upholster my Catl 25. I didn’t need new foam. I picked out 2 fabrics (first choice, second choice), sent the covers without the foam to Catalina and in a few weeks I had new covers – factory fit for under $400. (I got the second choice of fabrics by they looked great)

J

jv

JSI informaiton?

Can anyone comment on JSI quality? Here's a link of interest on this topic: http://members.aol.com/endvr32/dscsn/cush.html jv

J

John J

JSI Quality

They did my bimini and the quality is excellent. From order to delivery was 6 days.

S

Sam Sevier

JSI Quality

If you want to see JSI's quality, just look at a Catalina 400, 470, or Morgan 38 or 45, Island Packet, Beneteau, or Caliber. They do all the interiors. You can pick from hundreds of fabrics. They have done 2 boats for me, as well as cockpit cushions, bimini, hatch covers, and Comforters. I have recommended them to 3 of my friends and eveyone is extremely pleased with the results.

T

Ted Robichaux

Upholstry

I just had this done through Catalina for my 1985 (30')and they did a great job. They used the fabric used in the new boats. I sent the covers and they cut new foam. Covers and foam delivered for under $1,600. It took 10 weeks, but well worth the wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.