Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

phlocker

currently sailing H146, love it. Wife has hinted that we might need a bigger boat so the whole family can take some sails together so shes not left on the beach when I'm out sailing solo or with my 3 yr old (shes watching the 10wk old!!) Thinking about a bigger boat for next summer, sail in the sheltered waters of Peconic Bay, NY. Mostly daysailing or an ocassional overnight..any suggestions. Grew up crewing on larger boats, would prefer wheel steering. (me, wife, 3yr old and a 1yr old by next summer)

D

David

check out the H210

If you like your 146 but just need a bit more room, you could try the 170, I sail one and go out comfortably with 4 adults. Or you could try the H210, that is a real nice one! Again similar styling to the 146 and 170, but I have been on one with 7 people comfortably. With the heavy centerboard, it is very stable! It also has a small cuddy for a portapotty.

P

phlocker

146 vs bigger

the carefree maintance of the 146/170 is great..no worries...catalina has some nice ones in the 18-22 range that would work perfectly, looks like low mtce, sleeping accomidations or a place to duck if the weather turns..thanks and keep the suggestions coming on other boats in this range

Tereza

Jun 10, 2005
Hunter 146 Candlewood Lake, CT
Upgrade - or keep life simple!

There's lots to be said, of course, for a larger boat where you can spread out, maybe do an overnight or two. For me, that's what sailing friends with bigger boats are for! ;-) I DO love the simplicity of the 146. There is much to be said for the absolulte carefree nature of this boat. Once you go to a larger boat, you also get the responsibilities, costs, and effort to keep it in top shape. Spend a weekend or two on a friend's bigger boat - bring the hosts some wonderful cheese, olive tapenade, crackers, and a bottle of wine, which you could only do with a backpack on the 146, and live it up with them, then go back to the simple life! If you must get more room for that growing brood, you might keep the best of both worlds if you are willing to stay at 18-20". Good luck!

P

phlocker

216 CABIN

anyone have a good pic of the 216 cabin..cannot find one

JerryA

Oct 17, 2004
Tanzer 29 Jeanneau Design Sandusky Bay, Lake Erie
H212?

How about the H212? Not in production anymore, but there have been some nice examples for sale. A brand new 2002, never used one was on eBay awhile back. It never made reserve... bidding stopped at about $6700. I'm sure it will surface again. Jerry

May 11, 2004
- - Richmond, VA
H216 cabin picture #1

I took a couple of pictures of the inside of my H216 cabin. See attached. The inside is just for storage. But you can lock the entry way (just like on bigger boats) to keep your stuff secure. The cabin isn't designed to sleep in or hang out in...

May 11, 2004
- - Richmond, VA
H216 cabin picture #2

Here is another picture of the H216 cabin looking aft. Note that there is a craw space under the cockpit seats. Its good for storing sails and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.