Update

capta

Jun 4, 2009
Pearson 530 Admiralty Bay, Bequia SVG
My wife, Nikki, and I are pleased that you are on the way to recovering.
It is a time consuming and at times a frustrating road, but you are the sort that will most likely far exceed the doctors' expectations.
All the best.

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
Glad to see you posting again! Keep the faith; you will get thru this difficult time.
Best regards.

Sep 24, 2018
O'Day 25 Chicago
We've very happy that you're feeling well enough to start posting again! I hope your recovery is as miraculous as your survival was.

There are companies out there that will negotiate medical bills on your behalf. Most will do a flat rate per case or a percentage of the savings. I almost hired one when I was charged $10 for an ibuprofen at a hospital. PM, tag or quote me if you'd like me to look up the name of the company

BedIt is a big hit! If you can find a person or a company to do order fulfillment we'll keep buying it!

If anyone can figure a way to rewire the circuits in your brain for a complete recovery, it's you. Every day is another % better.
There's documentary on Netflix that I watched last night about mushrooms. Incredibly facinating! I had no idea how intertwined they are with the nature around us! Anyways, they of course touched on psylocybin mushrooms and research is showing that they actually can form new neurological pathways

Jun 1, 2007
O'Day 322 Mt.Sinai
Glad you're back in whatever capacity you're able. You're a lucky man. Been following you on the new Marine Electric Group on Facebook. Hang in there Rod, you are an inspiration to us all!

May 6, 2019
Catalina 310 0063 Nepean Sailing Club, Ottawa
Great to hear of your recovery. Truly inspiring. Wishing you continued improvement and all the best. Thanks for all of your great advice.

Aug 17, 2010
Oday 35 Barrington
I am VERY glad to see that Maine Sail is back to posting and that he keeps contributing to the sailing community.

One thing that has surprised me, however, is that the GoFundMe that has been set up by Rod's brother has not exceeded it's goal. Rodd has helped MANY of us out either by direct contact, or indirectly by posting in many sailing forums or to Marine How To. I believe that if half the people that he has helped could contribute to the GoFundMe, it would have already exceeded the goal. If you would like to express your appreciation you can do so:
** HELP MAINE_SAIL by donating here: Help Rodd & his family Recover, organized by Jay Collins **

Dec 29, 2008
Treworgy 65' LOA Custom Steel Pilothouse Staysail Ketch St. Croix, Virgin Islands
I only just saw this update. Rodd, I am so glad to hear this from you! I am sure you know that there are a LOT of people pulling for you, praying for you, and cheering your recovery. Stay strong, keep working to get better, and please, don't be a stranger! We miss you on this forum, even when we don't check in often. Best wishes. Brian

May 23, 2004
I'm in the market as were . Colonial Beach
Haven’t been on in a while. Sorry to hear about the stroke but praying for a good recovery.

Jan 2, 2009
beneteau 323 Riverside NJ
Hi
In the ”old days” I only knew you as Mainesail and found your presentations beyond belief and or amazing. Good luck on your recovery and no need to get back to me.
Alan

Feb 27, 2014
Jeanneau 45-DS Emeryville, CA
I see that it has been 26 days since the last donation to the GoFundMe for Rodd Collins, aka Mainesail. Let's all not allow the fund to go a full month between donations! As you contemplate going sailing, just remember how much of his time Rodd has given. I encourage each of you to contribute at least $100. If that truly is unaffordable, then donate what you can afford.

Jul 12, 2022
precision precision 18 chowan
yes sir! It is good to hear that you are still moving forward and upward. You sound like you have set goals to be met and work to be done. The TRUE meaning of being a man. hoping that your recovery continues to improve.sp