Update on Cockpit and help ID Pedstal Mfg

Feb 17, 2005
Update on cockpit build. I have not had much time for working on this, but got some good headway.

Pictures of box (I will work in basement through winter)

3/4" bottom & 1/2" sides. glued, screwed and re-enforced with alum angle, screwed again. All corners @ bottom covered with biaxial glass and fared with West. Two brass scuppers for drains and brass cover for tiller. I have a 1/4" alum plate being made to screw and glue to bottom. This will brace pedstal and pulleys will bolt to them.

I am also having an alum frame being made from angle stock. Welded at corners with two legs in rear. I will bolt/screw from to bridge deck cleat (fore) and rear legs will sit on 4x4 wood post glassed on hull (aft). This will hold the box (screwed in) and be minimally obstructive. I am probally going to glass everything, box, seats, etc. I was going to do rubber/teak but @ 500 a sheet x 3 sheets.

Notice the bridge deck. I used one sheet as to minimal seams. It used more wood (Okume marine ply @200 sheet). The whole thing is glued and screwed to combing.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ratyszka/my_photos

Question, I threw some pictures of my pedstal. I am trying to ID possible Mfg, do you think this is a Edson? Looks close?? I think I am missing a section for compass to bolt to and for throttle/shifter. If this looks farmiliar let me know.

Richard