Update Eastern & Coastal NC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 40.5 New Bern NC
New Bern/Oriental & Irene,

Oriental recorded a gust of 91 MPH at 7:24 this morning and currently blowing a steady 50/55 MPH, flooding now at about 8 1/2 ft. Oriental hass a great web site go to towndock.net to view pictures they have a live wind guage, and about 4 streaming web cams although not much is viisible on the web cams this morning.
My boat is in North West Creek Marina, Fairfield Harbor, New bern, NC. All of New Bern and Fair Field lost power about 4:30 and they are experiencing flooding with a 8 ft storm surge my boat neighbor checked on our boats around 5:00 this morning water was about 3 ft over the fixed docks then, he tried to check about about 9:00 am and was unable to get to the marina (flooding) now estimated to be about 5' over the docks :eek: not good.
Hope everyone, their boats and property come thru this safely.

Capt. Ron.
S/V Wind Dreamer

Sep 30, 2008
Hunter 310 Bivalve, Md
I'm glad you're O.K. We left the New Bern hospital around 3pm. No traffic home to Berlin,MD. That morning we looked again at our favorite home on Gondolier and notice the watermark in a closet in the garage/basement. It was up 2 ft from the floor. Anxious to go back and see how much higher it is.

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 40.5 New Bern NC
New Bern NC

Hey Marc,
I'm surprised you came to NB, considering. yes Gondolier has been known to flood. as you noted, probably won't know how the boat fared untill later this afternoon. Have to take a rain check on that visit untill things get back to normal, give me a shout if you plan another visit in the future.

I'm glad you're O.K. We left the New Bern hospital around 3pm. No traffic home to Berlin,MD. That morning we looked again at our favorite home on Gondolier and notice the watermark in a closet in the garage/basement. It was up 2 ft from the floor. Anxious to go back and see how much higher it is.

May 7, 2004
Hunter 38 Little River, SC
Got through to Thom Wynn, dockmaster at Bridgeton Harbor, this evening, 8/30/11 on cell phone.
Power will be out through at least Friday. Most boats fared well, some better than others. My boat is OK. He will give me more info as he has a chance to breathe.
Steve Kamp, H-38 Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.