Unknown Bristol Herreschoff?

A6C5O7

Oct 8, 2020
West Wight Potter 19 Trailer Sailor

Browsing the ads for projects I really don't need, i came across this. I messaged they current owner and beyond the only newspaper ad in the listing he doesn't know a whole lot about it. Has anyone here seen anything like this? its billed as a racer/cruiser but some of the pictures he sent me has a much more racer centered feeling. i tried to match the portlights to the 41.1 but no luck. I suspect alot has been modified.

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
The photo of the ad shows most of the refitting was done in 2000. I would hardly call that current. It is a beautiful boat. And that is a too good to be true price. I just sold a boat for an under market price. Sometimes you just want to stop the bleeding.

A6C5O7

Oct 8, 2020
Yah i totally agree. Ive been watching this ad for the last 8 months and it was originally 15k. Through talking with him he's very eager to get rid of it. I'm no where ready to take the project on but it does have me intrigued as to where it came from originally.

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
I'm not sure why this post hasn't received more replies. Time to move it up.

A6C5O7

Oct 8, 2020
Andrew,

I've attached a few photos he's sent me. I've also contacted the Newport to Bermuda race representative to see if its history is legitimate and to help find out how exactly the thing came to end up land locked Texas. It would be really cool if someone were to pick this thing up and give it a second chance.

Thank you!
Bristol 4.jpg
Bristol 2.jpg
Bristol 3.jpg
Bristol 4.jpg

A6C5O7

Oct 8, 2020
To add a bit of intrique to the quest. Here is a image the seller sent me of some of the documents. Again i have no intentions of purchasing this vessel. This is for anyone that may find some value in it which i believe there's a lot and at a excellent price as well. Im not a broker or benefiting at all from researching or finding a prospective buyer i just enjoy a good story.

Attachments