Universel Diesel Engine Parts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bob Robeson

I am looking for a new Fresh water pump for my 1986 M-25 engine. (the one that pumps the antifreeze) Does anyone know a good souce for discount diesel parts? Thanks Bob

J

Jeff Walker

Just replaced one

Hi Bob, I looked all over town for my '84 Universal fresh water pump. It was a Sherwood and I heard that later models used different pumps. In frustration, I went to our small, local King Harbor Marine Center with no thoughts of success and he had it for me the next day. In fact, he knew exactly what it was before I even told him. You can try Scott Thomas at 310 374-8923 if you can't find a local source. Regards, Jeff

G

Gary Jensen

Diesel Parts

Call TRANS PACIFIC in Fairfield California....They are the west Coast distributor for Universal,Westerbeke etc. They do retail and they may supply someone near you....Good luck Gary

B

Bob Carlton

If you're in Portland OR

and want a local source, try Cook Engine Co. on Jantzen Beach. Telephone # 503.289.8466.

M

Mark Magee

Find Your Kubota Distributor and $$ave Big Time!

I as well have an 86 C-30 w/M-25 and needed some engine parts and was floored at paying $67.00 for a T-stat. I instead found the -regional- distributor for Kubota engine parts and took the T-stat to the parts counter and he matched it: $17.00! You will have to go to the regional distributor, local Kubota parts outlets will not be able to match anything, for the Kubota and Universal Part numbers will in no way correspond. Additionally, Universal uses different parts from different size engines in their "marinized" kubota tractor engines we have (a conspiracy??). The only way to by-pass the authorized Universal dealer is to take the part to the distributor who stocks Kubota parts for the whole area. An experienced parts man can look at the waterpump, carry it back with him to the shelves, and with some of your basic data (Kubota engine, 855CC, 1985 mfg'd, converted by Universal) my guy took about 3 minutes for my thermostat. I will continue in this manner for all my engine parts.

R

Robert

Indigo Electronics

Check out www.atomic4.com they have a fresh water system and a few other upgrades.

Status
Not open for further replies.