Universal M25-XP Broken Engine Mount L Bracket

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
I know how you feel. Ward came all the way to British Columbia, and I missed him!!!:yikes:

It had something to do with a February snowstorm, unique I know and so unexpected, but still...:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
The only disappointment of the whole trip, missing a chance to share a few :beer: with you, Stu. But, I'll be back when the borders open up so we'll have another chance for that cold one.

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
What's a little 2 1/2 hour drive .... jeeze.... (I actually thought we lived closer)... And another excuse to meet up with you is shot down... dang...

dj
Hey Dave, maybe we can meet half way for lunch or dinner now things are opening up a bit. I can pick up @lehighsail up on the way.

dLj

Mar 23, 2017
Belliure 41 Sailing back to the Chesapeake
@Ward H and @lehighsail - we can see what works. I'm about to go on vacation and start getting the boat ready and then into the water. So pretty much the rest of April will be difficult for me to meet half way. I'll be spending lots of time on/at the boat...

dj

JRT

Feb 14, 2017
Catalina 310 211 Lake Guntersville, AL
Hey @Ward H looks like you are on your way, I was curious about that bracket, it is pretty simple and welds look fine, actually pretty good for a small part. I would offer that it breaking due to probably a documented line wrap and motor stalling is a good failure mode as it allows potentially a lot less damage then if they are so stronger and the same condition happens again.

this is a top down pic of my motor mount on the 310, I think in the same position. It is significantly different then what you posted and probably will not break like yours did.
Our 2003 C310! | Sailboat Owners Forums

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Thanks @JRT The C310 bracket is a design that I would consider if I need new brackets made up at a machine shop.
What motor is that?

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
For those who may be interested,
The yard owner found 3 brackets on the shelf at the factory so I had him order two. I'll replacing the both front ones just in the other front one is cracked. They came in yesterday. $217 ea plus shipping. I don't have to the total yet.
Photos show the old bracket compared to the two new ones, fresh on the paint stand.
Thanks all
Motor Bracket Old.jpegMotor Bracket.jpeg