Universal/ Kubota Parts Cross Reference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 14, 2010
Irwin I-31 Sherwood MD
I have a Universal M25 which is made by Kubota. I have been told that if you buy parts such as injectors, filters, etc from your local Kubota dealer that you can save quite a few bucks. Does anyone have, or know of, a cross reference list?

Thanks

CalebD

Jun 27, 2006
Tartan 27' 1967 Nyack, NY
I think that Stu's link will give you most of the Xref materials you need.

I helped a friend with a Universal 5424 (M35?) engine find a source for new glow plugs for their engine. Torreson has them listed for $80+/plug.

I used Stu's information to find out the Kubota block # and then had to find out the Kubota tractor model to find the same plugs at an online Kubota website for $8/plug.

I'd say that was more then a few bucks savings.

It seems to me that Universal and the other marine diesel engine mfr's who use Kubota blocks made it as difficult as they could for owners of their engines to buy directly from Kubota so they could impose their own 100% markup on the parts.

Mar 14, 2010
Irwin I-31 Sherwood MD
I think that Stu's link will give you most of the Xref materials you need.

I helped a friend with a Universal 5424 (M35?) engine find a source for new glow plugs for their engine. Torreson has them listed for $80+/plug.

I used Stu's information to find out the Kubota block # and then had to find out the Kubota tractor model to find the same plugs at an online Kubota website for $8/plug.

I'd say that was more then a few bucks savings.

It seems to me that Universal and the other marine diesel engine mfr's who use Kubota blocks made it as difficult as they could for owners of their engines to buy directly from Kubota so they could impose their own 100% markup on the parts.

Thanks Caleb. You answered my next question before I even got to ask it (glow plugs).

Capt. Pete

Mar 14, 2010
Irwin I-31 Sherwood MD
Caleb,

Re: glow Plugs

Can you please elaborate on how you "used Stu's information to find out the Kubota block # and then had to find out the Kubota tractor model to find the same plugs at an online Kubota website for $8/plug."?

I was unable to find anything in Stu's info about glow plugs. How did you find the Kubota block # and then the tractor model? Do you still have that info?

Thanks,

Capt. Pete

CalebD

Jun 27, 2006
Pete,
From the chart posted in the link Stu posted from ericsonyachts.org I get that the M25 engine is used in the Kubota Z-850 tractor (chart is kind of small, but there it is).
Parts do not seem to be listed by engine block model # - this is how Kubota/Universal/Westerwhatever try to keep their customers segregated so the marine dealers can charge ridiculous prices for the same parts.
All you need to do now is google 'Kubota tractor parts' and viola.

Trouble is, I can't find the Z850 tractor listed on this website I used for the "D1101" model where I found the glow plugs for $8/per.
http://www.kellerkubota.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=parts.find
Seems like the Kubota model # is wrong for the M25.

Go figure!

CalebD

Jun 27, 2006
Brain de-obstipation.

Stu's link only gives you the Kubota engine block #, which does not help you at most websites. You need to know the tractor model your engine is used in. I found that the M30 (5424) is in the L245 tractor model. Using that info I can find the glow plugs: http://www.kellerkubota.com/catalog/mall/more.asp?ProdID=102

Further brain farts.
This link says that the D850 engine is used in the B6200 tractor model: http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/001/2/7/1270-kubota-b6200-engine.html
With the 'B6200' tractor model I get quite a few parts coming back when I search for 'glow plug' at tractorsmart.com

Jun 1, 2004
Crown 34 Sidney BC
Mar 14, 2010
Irwin I-31 Sherwood MD
I sure wish there was a cross reference for Yanmar engines. I can't find anything as detailed as what your Catalina owners have put together. Kudos to them!
Thanks to all who contributed info on this topic. It has made life a lot easier (and cheaper!)

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.