Pop a LED light into a Zip lock freezer bag, use one that doesn't have much buoyancy. 40 years ago I put a Brownie camera in a plastic bag then removed the lens from my dive mask. I placed the bag through the lens opening then replaced the lens. I had underwater shots long before everyone went "Pro".
All U Get
A sealed beam car headlight will work under water, if you can keep it tied to whatever you are going to use to keep it in place under water. It will float if unattached to anything. 12 volts is not enough voltage to harm you under wet condition. I once had an inground swimming pool and converted the underwater lights to 12 volt sealed beam automobile bulbs for safety reasons. They worked great and gave off a lot of light. The only problem was holding them in place underwater during the installation. I had a stainless steel hardness that held them in place. The original 120 volt circuit kept tripping the ground fault circuit breaker due to some water leakage in the buried cable.
Here’s what you need, it’s a LIVE FEED underwater pole camera that’s designed for this. You put a GoPro in it, it sends the live feed above the waterline to your phone, so you can see what the GoPro is seeing in REAL TIME. Great for checking under the waterline. I keep one onboard. Here’s the website where I bought mine: DUNDER POLE CAMERAS
Amazon.com : AquaMiracle Submersible LED Lights with Remote Waterproof Battery Operated | Multi Color Changing Hot Tub Lights for Shower, Pool, Pond, Aquarium, Bath, Party, Vase Decoration (2-Pack) : Patio, Lawn & Garden
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.