Unable to add an attachment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul F

Jun 3, 2004
Hunter 1980 - 33 Bradenton
Adding a picture worked before on this new site. But, tonight 11/2/08 when I tried to add an attachment nothing happened. I am using Firefox. Is there a problem?

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Looks to be OK.

Did you try an upload or linking to a photo on another site? Did you get an error message?

The error messages can be difficult to see -- they're up at the top of the popup screen -- but if you get an error the image will not upload.

Attachments

Paul F

Jun 3, 2004
tried again no joy

Hi Phil,

I am clicking on the manage attachments below the text and nothing happens. have a picture to add to my post on ask all sailors. give it a try if you can get into my posts. thanks. enjoy the site as always.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
pop-up problem?

The Manage Attachments button pops up a small browser window... it could be that you have popups turned off (Firefox can do that). Click the Window menu on your browser to make sure it isn't behind the main screen. I've made that error before. :)

Paul F

Jun 3, 2004
Something in my Firefox

You were right, Firefox is not letting me post an attachment. IE works fine. Another omisson in my firefox seems to be the "forum button" does not show at the bottom of messages like it does in IE. I Like the new site, good work.

Aug 2, 2005
pearson ariel grand rapids
Not intended as a hijack, not a reply to this question, but for some reason I am unable to start a new topic.

When I open the website I most often get a message that says:

error: the xajax javascript fie could not be included. perhaps the URL is incorrect?
URL: http://sbo.sailboatowners.com/mambots/system/xajax_0.2.4/xajax.js

Also no icons along the left side to show new posts etc.

Everything did work fine, just started having trouble a few days ago, can't start a new topic, but have no problem with replies.

At first I was kind of happy because I don't like them anyway, but they seem to be connected with my problems.

Nothing is changed at my end, same computer browser etc. no problems anywhere else on the web.

Any advice?

Thanks
Ken.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Yikes!

I'll look into the ajax error but that shouldn't cause any problems like this.

The new thread button is shown below -- it's just below the ads, in red. If the button appears, can you describe what happens whenn you try to start a thread?

The icons are connected to cookies. Are you sure you're logged in? You might also try delteing all cookies containing sailboatowners.com

Last but not least,what browser/version and operating system are you running?

Aug 2, 2005
pearson ariel grand rapids
in the threads I have the 'post reply' flag, in the forum itself the only things I have are the 'forum tools' and 'search this forum' drop downs in the bar just below the ads, often selecting one of them just moves me to the bottom of the page.

grabbed a couple screen shots to show what is missing, posted online here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/merc2dogs/SailboatOwner#

I'm running XP and seamonkey. Everything was working fine, then I started getting the xajax error and lost most of the controls and icons (the icons along the leftmost side in the forum view are missing, just have a pair of empty columns)

I plan to reinstall and see if that helps, but I haven't made any changes here.

Thanks
Ken.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Hi kendall,

Could you please send me or post the ajax error you're getting? Thanks!

Oh, and one more thing... could you select View ->Source on your browser when you're looking at a page with the missing button, then copoy and paste that into an email to me?

phil at sailboatowners.com

Status
Not open for further replies.