Twelve nights on the hook in British Columbia

Jan 8, 2020
brentswain 31 31 twin keeler Heriot Bay BC
I simply avoid Desolation sound in summer.The rest of the year, it is quiet, deserted and beautiful

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
I simply avoid Desolation sound in summer.The rest of the year, it is quiet, deserted and beautiful
It can get busy, especially the more popular spots, which we tend to avoid, too. However, there are a number of spots in the area that make for good anchorage, just you and maybe one other boat. Places that offer solitude and shire access to explore.

Oct 24, 2010
Hunter 30 Everett, WA
On another note, speaking of heaters, a couple things we like about the Wallas is how quiet it is, and, the thermostat-fan system.
Interesting, because ours is so noisy that we never sleep with it on. We also have no thermostat anyway. Lots of blankets then warm it in the morning before the Admiral emerges.

Ken

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Ken. I did not know you had a Wallas heater for your boat. I do remember you talking about Snuggling and body heat. And that if you wanted breakfast in the AM you needed to start a heater.

My Wallas is quiet. What you hear is the fan blower. Sucking out air in the return.

Oct 24, 2010
Hunter 30 Everett, WA
I'm sure it's the blower, but it's located close to our berth. Sort of a rattley noise. We also shut the fridge down at night for the same reason. It too is excessively noisy. Our last boat had a Wallace as well, but it was quieter.

Ken

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
When I was installing mine the guys at ScanMar, the National distributor, said to talk to them if the unit is noisy. They may be able to help.