TV problem

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
No problem with your clarification, Tim.

The original post was about the TV in the boat. With the advent of todays multiple systems on line or at any of the box stores one can find nearly every attachment or service support imaginable.

A 15inch Laptop or iPAD/Android tablet with the flip around screens have replaced the 15inch TV's so prevalent when designed into the boats just 5 years ago. They use less power and can accommodate any mixture of movie/tv show storage method imaginable.

So the solution begs the question: why focus on a TV when the solution to the carrying of a specific storage unit is possibly better served through a different device?

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
why focus on a TV when the solution to the carrying of a specific storage unit is possibly better served through a different device?
or when a solution IS available with simply another TV that actually does have the features he is looking for?

Oct 26, 2008
Catalina 320 Barnegat, NJ
Maybe the DVD player is putting out surround sound but the tv is only playing the center channel, or some kind of incompatibility like that.
That makes complete sense. I kind of figured it was something I didn't have to worry about once the 4 saloon speakers are connected! Virtue signaling over TV usage .... it's a thing! ;)

• Ha
Jan 17, 2013
Catalina 310 St. Simons Island, GA
Curious how the original post states a 24" tv in a Catalina 310. Would like to see a picture of that because my 19" is as large as will fit in my C 310. But then mine is on a swivel mount so it can be viewed from the salon or the V berth