Turbo Mac 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
Normally not my cup of tea, but I'm strangely drawn to this Turbo'ed Mac 19. Genius or mad science, you decide for yourself. I think it's kind of cool, but he'll sadly never see anywhere his investment on resale. But still.

Sumner

Jan 31, 2009
Macgregor & Endeavour 26S and 37 Utah's Canyon Country
I'll bet he can go faster with the sails than he can with that 50+ HP outboard.
I'll take....

...that bet ;). I'll bet that boat is out of Canada and is either still owned by Highlander or was his. He is not afraid to try about anything. If it is his or was his he also has the 26' X and has at least 3 headsails on it also,

Sum

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]============================[/FONT]

Our Endeavour 37

Our MacGregor 26-S Pages

Our Trips to Utah, Idaho, Canada, Florida

Mac-Venture Links

Mar 20, 2012
Cal 34-III, MacGregor 25 Salem, Oregon
he has 3 furlers and im still wishing I had one...:cry:
it appears to have either a gin pole or a whisker pole stowed at the front of the mast... i couldnt imagine it being a trailer sailer and trying to rig and de-rig that set up every weekend...

May 23, 2007
Catalina Capri 22 Albany, Oregon
So a roller furling jib in the normal spot. What do you think the other two are? Gennaker & Assym Spin? Code 0? Whatever it is, that's a lot of hardware and sheets to snag. :)

May 4, 2005
Macgregor 26d Ft Lauderdale, Fl
I'm thinking one of them (fore most) is some kind of kite. drifter most likely.
I wonder what kind of power on the stern...

May 19, 2009
Macgregor 19 beverly, ma
Yeah that's the most overdone m19 in history.

Highlander had some great mod ideas though.

He used to be in my M19 yahoo group. He ran a 50 HP 4 stroke ( at least 20 mph with empty ballast) with a jackplate and wheel steering from a M26. Also a bigger 3 section mast....quite the birdcage!

The front headail is a huge "gennaker" and the other two are "Cutter rigged genoas".

Here's my M19 with a 40 hp honda.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fRDX76EAPw

Attachments

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
This isn't a 19, but a 26.....

...how many of you could do that with your sailboat ;). We can't since our Mac is the older classic,

This is like flying a B-24 under the Golden Gate Bridge. Not sure if you should give him a medal, or a court marshal. Here I'm going with the GCM.

Sumner

Jan 31, 2009
Macgregor & Endeavour 26S and 37 Utah's Canyon Country
Status
Not open for further replies.