tuning

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

John

I have a Capri 25, but do not have tuning instructions if anyone has such information on optimum wire pressures rake, and length of stays I would appreciate it or an idea of how to get such information. John

K

Kawliga

25 or 26???

I assume (yea, I know) that you posted 26' because there is no catagory listed for the Capri 25. I have one of these beauties and found some usefull information at www.wyc.org/capri25/ They have a tuning tips section. Good Luck.

J

John

mast tuning the capri 26

Do you have a Capri 25 or 26? the Capri 26 is tuned as follows. Set foward/aft rake of mast (Should be about 3" aft rake. Set the rear stay to about 550#. Adjust the upper midship stays to set the mast straight. set the midship uppers to 800-900#. The lowers to about 600# (This is often adjusted a bit to maintain mast straight ness. Under sail in a moderte breeze adjust out any slack in the midship upper and lowers

H

Harry Woodbury

Call Catalina

I have always had great luck contacting the factory in California. They probably have a handbook for your boat with tuning instructions in it. The one for my boat has this info. and all parts info. as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.