Trying to find the location of Primary Fuel Filter and Y-valve on 2005 H36

Jun 27, 2021
Hunter 36 Everett
Hey there! We have a 2005 H36 and I cannot find either the primary fuel filter (I have found the smaller one on the engine itself) or the waste y-valve ANYWHERE. It's driving me crazy. I have looked at the owners manual backwards and forwards. Can anyone give me any clues? Thanks!!

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Well Hi Demetrius. Welcome to the SBO Forum and congrats on your boat.

Everett is a good place to home port.

Not being at my boat, Q Dock South Marina... Sorry I can not help you with the search.

Best suggestion is to "Follow the Yellow Brick Road".
If you start at the head and follow the toilet hoses (big ones) as they go to the "Holding Tank" (what you suck out at the Everett Marina Pump Out Station. There should be a deck opening near the holding tank). From the holding tank you may or may not have a Y valve to empty the tanks through the Pump Out, or by pumping overboard. This requires a pump, often located near the Y valve.

You boat (if it has 2 heads) may likely have more than one holding tank.

The fuel line filters are found pretty much the same way. Start where you know they fuel lines are (like the engine) and follow it to the tank. Somewhere along the way you might find a filter and an electric pump before you get to the tank.

Sep 22, 2009
Hunter 36 Seattle, WA
Welcome to the Hunter Family! I have a 2009 H36. Your primary fuel filter will be under the aft berth, starboard of the center line, next to the fuel tank. You’ll find a primary fuel shutoff valve on the line feeding into the fuel filter. I’m not on my boat at the moment, so can’t send a pic.
We don’t have a y valve on our sani system. Instead, you should find a shutoff valve for the macerator thruhull in the port swim locker (aft). It’s pretty far forward, but in the locker.

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
No Y value on most Hunter and look on breaker panel look for macerator breaker and toggle switch to
turn on macerator and look in port stern locker for macerator thru hull.
Look under bed is where my Racor witch I moved over water muffler.
But my H-36 was built very end of 06

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 35 Augusta Sailing Club and Boca Chica
One point, never turn on the macerator pump without having the seacock in the port stern locker open. There's a chance of blowing a hose off. Not pretty or fun.

• Ha