Trouble in Rockland, ME

Oct 2, 2008
Pearson/ 530 Strafford, NH
There's your $92,000, get rid of that manager with no pay off! The first sign of failing government is when you get rid of good people.

We pass by any harbor that gets pricy compared to their neighbors, even in Maine. Too bad.

All U Get

Nov 22, 2008
Endeavour 32 Portland, Maine
Cruisers should flood the city manager's office and email. BTW the harbor operates at a $65,000 year profit so this isn't a matter of the city not being able to afford the operations.

James D. Chaousis, II
City Manager
Rockland City Hall
270 Pleasant Street
Rockland, ME 04841
(207) 593-0636
jchaousis@ci.rockland.me.us

Sep 15, 2009
S2 9.2a Fairhope Al
Cruisers should flood the city manager's office and email. BTW the harbor operates at a $65,000 year profit so this isn't a matter of the city not being able to afford the operations.

James D. Chaousis, II
City Manager
Rockland City Hall
270 Pleasant Street
Rockland, ME 04841
(207) 593-0636
jchaousis@ci.rockland.me.us
sounds like you city government is like ours they seem to think that they need to build wealth and a big coffers at the expense of the taxpayer so the can feather a chosen few with the cocamaie deals to make some well off and that city manager of your is a younger person that is doing his damnedest to practice age discrimination

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
I was never great at economics, but I can't that I see the point in putting 2 people on PAID leave, thus the city getting NOTHING in return for their money?

Sep 15, 2009
S2 9.2a Fairhope Al
I was never great at economics, but I can't that I see the point in putting 2 people on PAID leave, thus the city getting NOTHING in return for their money?
its all part of the power play and contractual game they may have a contract keeping them from just outright firing them so now they have to waste more of the money in order to build their case ...hell hath no fury like a politician scorned

Oct 17, 2011
Ericson 29 Southport..
"Councilors also said that higher fees would not cause boaters to flee the harbor."

Well......there's one way to find out..

Oct 2, 2008
Pearson/ 530 Strafford, NH
I was going to post a reply but you have to surrender your FB friends and I didn't want to lose either one.

All U Get

Nov 26, 2008
Endeavour 42 Cruisin
They asked him to do something and he refused. They suspended him. The boss is always right.

I am NOT saying I agree with the council, I think they are wrong. But "you cant argue with city hall".

Hopefully, the locals will "throw the bums out" but I doubt it. It will be just another in a long line of soak the rich yachties ideas that backfires.

May 25, 2015
Macgregor, Hunter Venture 21, H25 Candlewood
I just called larry pritchett, boy it was funny to hear him stumble over his words when I told we just crossed Rockland Harbor off the map because of the proposed rate hikes.

I bet a few thousand calls would "Rockland" his world
207-594-8806