Traverse City, Michigan

May 11, 2014
Catalina 310 Lake Texoma
All:
My schedule's changed and now I have time to knocking around Traverse City, MI day after tomorrow and would like to spend it exploring a "sailor's marina", (tomorrow is for Mackinac Island). Can anyone give me a recommendation on where to focus my effort or any other advice on the city/area, (chandlery, restaurants, pubs or other diversions)?

Thanks in advance for any assistance offered.

Todd L.

Apex

Jun 19, 2013
C&C 30 Elk Rapids
west bay has a lot of marinas and most of the boat traffic. Harbor west, Elmwood marina and further north is Suttons Bay, all the way to Northport. Wed night sailing races are out of Grand Traverse Yacht Club, with big boats and a Melges fleet. I am in east bay, Elk Rapids.

SO MUCH food and drinks around. You can take a drunk bus tour of mission peninsula, or if you want a brewery I recommend Rare Bird, Filling Station, Right Brain.

ENJOY!

Jul 12, 2011
Leopard 40 Jupiter, Florida
Don't know if you're sailing or driving, but as @Apex said, there's too much to do in a single day in Travese City - Yelp & TripAdvisor are your friends. Walking the shoreline in the West Bay is an afternoon well spent. Personally, I favor the Boathouse overlooking Bower's Harbor on Mission Point for a nice meal. If driving, make a stop in Mackinaw City at Audies for the best whitefish in the state. Enjoy your time in Northwest Michigan.