Traveler trim but no traveler?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 8, 2010
Frers 33 41426 Westport, CT
The sheet tackle runs from one side of the stern upward to the boom then downward to the other side of the stern - an A shape.
This type of main sheet setup is called a Crosby rig, and it is the absolute worst way to control the main. It how my boat is setup, and I absolutely loath it, adding a traveler is something I plan to do as soon as I can finish with all the other projects that I have been working on.

Rick

Oct 5, 2004
Hunter 420 Passage San Diego
Well if you have a preventer, you could use that to center up the main. Also, you could probably rig a barber hauler. All out of the box ideas but possibly give some help. Could make an accidental jibe a fun moment!

Your vang will help flatten the sail, but mainsheet tension, in an effort to center the main, is going to reduce twist and thusly poorer sail trim.

Good luck

Edit: just realized this was PAGE 2. Ideas already brought up. Unregard.

Feb 23, 2013
Catalina 30 standard Christiansted, VI
I raced in lake Michigan that had a double or split mainsheet. That Bristol 28 has won numerous regattas with that system. basically you have two separate systems allowing you to move the boom to windward or leeward as needed.

Mar 16, 2011
Hunter 23.5 Folsom Lake
Along with the split mainsheet, manage the twist with the topping lift. Works great with my Hunter!

Status
Not open for further replies.