Traveler Control Lines on Port Side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 29, 2008
Catalina 310 #185 Quantico
Finally got the whole story from Guido at Garhauer. Since the MT-2 traveler has the sheaves riveted in I cannot modify the block, but for $105.00 they are making me a new block for the port side that will bring both lines over there with a dual cam cleat. Hopefully it will come in the next week or two. I will post pictures when I get it because as PaulJ would say ...

:pix:

Jul 16, 2006
-Catalina C310 RNSYS
Hello RpWillia:

This is an upgrade that I intend to make this year if possible. I intend to have all the mainsheet controls on the starboard side and will try and do the same with the traveller.

In your initial post you indicated you would have the controls on the Port side. Will the set up be interchangeable?

Looking forward to your pictures!

Thanks

chris

Sep 29, 2008
Still waiting with baited breath

... This is an upgrade that I intend to make this year if possible. I intend to have all the mainsheet controls on the starboard side and will try and do the same with the traveller.

In your initial post you indicated you would have the controls on the Port side. Will the set up be interchangeable? Looking forward to your pictures! ...
Hi Chris, I am still waiting for the part to come in. Gonna feel like Xmas when I get them. I decided to do the port side as I had seen a few boats like that (our 309 brethren have them that way) and my port winch is hardly ever used, but when racing we do put the main sheet on the starboard cabin top winch so this avoids a potential conflict. Plus when I did speak to Guido he mentioned he was just finishing a mod for another boat for the port side. Since it is all engineered out who am I to argue. :dance:

I will definitely post pictures when the stuff comes in (perhaps tomorrow) I will post pictures both the kits and installed on the boat. Naturally I will include labels on the pictures if appropriate. :deadhorse:

Feb 26, 2008
Catalina 30 Marathon, FL
Ray,
I'd definitely like to see pics when it comes in. I was talking with them about a similar mod for our 95 C30 at the Annapolis show.

Nice to know they've done it now.

Jim

Sep 29, 2008
Sigh - Still waiting.

They have not charged my credit card yet. I was really hoping to have the stuff a week or two ago. Patience is a virtue I guess. Will definitely post pictures.

Sep 29, 2008
They ship today Friday

Got an email from Guido. Hopefully post pictures within a week.

Sep 29, 2008
Parts are in ...

In order to avoid PaulJ stating that ...:pix:eek:r this post is just :lame:, here is a picture of the traveler mod. In the shipping notice there is not part number except for MT-2 which is they type of traveler we have. As with all things Garhauer it is nice solid beefy hardware. The dual cam cleat now that I see it is pretty interesting. Can't wait to install this on the boat and try it out. Will post pictures when I do.

The other gear to the side are the cam blocks for my line adjustable jib cars.

Attachments

Dec 7, 2008
Catalina 310 Waretown, NJ
How did the traveler modification turn out? Did it work as planned? I'm anxious to see your pictures as I'm considering doing the same if it works well for you.

Sep 29, 2008
Happy with the Traveler Mod

It was pretty much an unscrew the old port side off, bolt the new side on and re-string the lines. For the starboard side I undid all the line and started from the center car to the top sheave going aft to front. This allowed when it was all lined/cabled (?) up to come off of the front of the bottom sheave where it fit nicely under the car and feed over to the bottom sheave on the new unit and out to the outer cam on the double cam cleat. For the port side I again started at the top so it came out on the 2nd from the bottom sheave where it went to the inboard cam on the double cam cleat. It is fairly easy to work and more importantly the admiral likes it and thinks it will help when racing.

Typical Garhauer fit, finish and construction and for $105.00 a nice upgrade. I still need to take a picture. To make PaulJ happy ...

:pix:

Status
Not open for further replies.