Transferring from Blaine to Everett

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
It ia all about what you want to experience in the marina.

All the slips in the A thru D area, are exposed to the prevailing breezes and the currents associated with the Tidal movement and stream flow in the Snohomish River. At times the current and wind can make docking a serious challenge. @LeslieTroyer had a slip on B dock with his Catalina 36. He was not happy. He moved to Q dock and has been very happy.

Also on B dock you are near the popular restaurants Anthony's Home Port and Woodfire Grill. That be a positive recreational experience, also contributes to a challenge to find parking anywhere near your boat to load and unload.

At the opposite end is K3. That is a sheltered site both from wind, currents and people. Parking is adequate and near by the slip. The slip dock is newer and will feel safer moving around on the dock than B.

You have to motor all the way into the marina to get to the slip. The fairway between the covered slips should be about 72ft. You can verify with the marina. That should allow enough space to maneuver the boat especially when the covered slips are blocking the wind.
D5494A4B-FE69-44D5-9DB9-FDA023546680.jpeg

Note your space is not forever. You can ask to move if there are complications once you get into the slip.

If I had my druthers, I might consider anywhere on the east side of Central F dock. Lots of room to maneuver there and far enough from the river that currents are not an issue.

Also Q dock South is the Bomb... Great boat owners and a comfortable dock/slip.

Oct 20, 2021
C&C 34 Everett
You already answered my next question! I think I will take B63 for now and put in for a move to Q for F docks in the future! Thanks!

May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
You already answered my next question! I think I will take B63 for now and put in for a move to Q for F docks in the future! Thanks!
Be sure and ask for an up river side that way the current will push you on the dock rather than neighbors boat. Current is perpendicular to the slip and can really move!
prevailing wind is usually west to east - I like east side better. So a NE slip.

Oct 20, 2021
C&C 34 Everett
Finished our trip today. Yesterday was mostly smooth sailing. Got the sails up for about an hour before heading into Anacortes for a quick stop. The channel was easy enough to navigate. Only real hiccup was that the slip number given to me by Shelter Bay for the night was already occupied. Found an open slip and pulled in. Fortunately they were able to confirm that spot worked for the night.

Today was a bit more of an adventure. The rest of the channel was a piece of cake. Got the sails up for a bit but pulled them down when the wind built up. We had 20+ blowing us towards Everett and the north and south ends of Camano were a bit rough.

Highlights included seeing my buddy taking a double tug out, my buddy seeing us from his deck on Camano and seeing a whale feasting just off Whidbey while we were under sail.

All in all a pretty uneventful trip. Thank you all for your help! I really appreciate it!

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Welcome to Everett. Thanks for the update. Glad it went smoothly and all enjoyed the cruise.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
All in all a pretty uneventful trip. Thank you all for your help! I really appreciate it!
Welcome home. Les & John are great sources of info and also really nice guys. Just beware: they'll get you into doing all sorts of boat projects; you do the work on your boat! (Even if you didn't have any projects on your to do list).

Congratulations on a safe journey. Now that summer's here, time to just go back!

• Ha
Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Found an open slip and pulled in. Fortunately they were able to confirm that spot worked for the night.
Glad you made it safely and without any serious incident. Were you able to spend any time in downtown Laconner? If not, must make another trip.

Oct 20, 2021
C&C 34 Everett
yeah! We walked over. Spent some time at the parks across the bridge to let the kids run off engergy. Had dinner at the La Conner Pub and walked down the main street and got a growler fill at La Conner Brewery.

Still more to see and will def make another trip!