transducers

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

patrick e. boole

i am replacing my signet depth, speed instrument with the ratheon st60. can anyone tell me if the transducers are interchangable. it would be oh so nice not to pull the boat out if i could use the current ones. help please,

L

LaDonna Bubak - Planet Catalina

Probably not

Check the fittings on the end of the transducer wire & see if it fits in your new instrument. If it does, plug everything in (before installing) & see if it works. Probably won't. LaDonna

T

Todd Osborne

Depends on the Mhz used

Transducers use a frequency to "sound" the bottom. I forget which way is which, but I believe 200Mhz is used for sounding deeper bottoms, usually used on deep water digital depth sounders (usually used on sailboats). The other end of the range is used for accurate shallow water "fish finders". Again I'm not shure of the range. Look at the specifications (if you have them) on your two instruments, if they use the same frequency, you are in the money! I just got lucky myself & swaped out my old (spinning) finder with a digital one, keeping the same transducer. The effort saved is worth trying!

Status
Not open for further replies.