trailor sailor wanna-be

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

howard

If anyone knows of an availbale trailer for a hunter '27 I'd like to rent or buy so I can haul my boat for maintaince this fall. Also need an 8' dinghy (tiny canoe, anything) but that's secondary. Thanks----------Howard

J

Joe

Trailer sailor

I can't help you with the trailer Howard, but if you want something to use to get out to your boat, pick up a 9' kayak. Just tie a 15' braid line to the bow of your kayak and when you come up along side your Hunter, bring the line around the lifeline stanchion and back to a cleat or winch to tie it off, and hold on to your boat as you get out of the kayak. I usually place my right arm on the stern portion of the kayak and twist around to get out of it while holding on to my boat. It takes a little practice. Getting into the kayak is just as easy. The line keeps the kayak in position and you should be able to step into the kayak and stand in it while holding on to your boat. I'm almost 65 and I can do it with no problem. My 9'2" Keowee Aquatera Kayak fits in the bed of my pick-up truck kitty cornered under the cap, all year round. Kayaks are pretty cheap. I paid under $400 for mine. I went a little steep on the "Bending Branches" take down paddle, at about $110.
Joe

Apr 21, 2006
Macgregor 26X Pirates Cove, Alabama
Re: Trailer sailor

After boarding your boat do you then lift it on board for sailing?

Status
Not open for further replies.