Trailering a 26?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bob

I DID 2

sorry, i forgot to finish the sentence: i did inform him that a trailerable boat didn't suit my purposes as soon as i noticed his (Tom's) post about the mac

Nov 9, 2007
- - Key Biscayne - Falmouth, ME on Transom
It's Bob

now that i've got my pearson i've joined the forum, thought i'd let y'all know that bob is now SVAndronikos

Oct 17, 2007
- - Chesapeake/ Fairfax va
unsinkability.

I bet you they still floated and kept the crew safe...Ive heard lots of stories where a pearson boat comes out missing in a storm... they never find the crew or boat. As heavy as pearson's are, many people scuttle them since they make great coral reefs and mooring anchors. I had a owner of a marina try to give me a free Pearson as long as I paid an annual slip which was $3,500. I said no way, for $3,500, I could have my Mac 26 parked in storage for 3 years. I am not making this up. We should stick together as sailers. I don't like to see this happen as much as you do, but I have heard, just like the future of wooden boats, old 30 year old fiberglass boats or older will be hard to insure. Insurance companies and boat dealers are trying to make this happen. I live in Washington DC area where slips are very expensive....Its only a matter of time when old boats are not allowed in Marinas. Here is a link for you guys who need to scuttle your Pearson 26. http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4176/is_20060115/ai_n16005851

Jun 16, 2004
- - -
Your a fool or a liar you yours.

Take your biased and erroneous, statistically selective comments and keep them in your ignorant cerebrum, while confined to your limited sailing waters! My 26s is not "weak" or "paper thin", and it has never "crackled when walked on....so I'll just go with you just being a foolish liar. It may be weakER and thinnER hulled than many other boats...but it is more than adequate...as I have tested in many years of safely sailing ALL OVER. Have you never seen other types of sailboats with damage? I will take you on with my 26s ANYDAY! And, after I sail by you with a big grin ;) I'll head south; and in hours be sailing in key west, leaving you to waddle and toss about, with limited exploratory ability, in your tank boat !

Nov 9, 2007
me god

jesus christ! trouble in paradise? i thought florida boaters were better than that. can we get over this pain-in-the-@ss debate over which boat is better?

B

bio

I was over it...

untill you yours spread his propaganda untruths. I want to take back my "finger-jerk" reply concerning the tank boat statement...I don't know pearsons at all...so that part of my reply was unwarrented. However when I am told my boat is weak and paper thin...well knowing that to be false (are you that stupid "you yours" that you don't know the thickness of paper...or did you just wanna run with the slander)? There are many happy macgregor owners...I can't speak for the X & M models, but the older boats sail well and fast. I (and MANY others) have sailed around many different coasts with NO structural problems. Nothing has broke [yet] in pretty big winds and waves, and I get to explore alot of places for a great price. I'm sure the pearson 26 is a great boat as well...each boat kinda has a niche...the main variable should be do you enjoy the boat and sail it alot. Then you get some jerk selectively picking one destroyed macgregor out of thousands of other destroyed boats, and spouting things you KNOW from personal experience to be untruths.... I'm gonna call a jerk a jerk. Obviously mac's are not high end boats...but we do alot of hard cruising and racing; and still have lots of money left over for good beer! paper thin; no. weak; no. crackly when walked on; no. Not my boat anyhow.

Doug J

May 2, 2005
Hunter 26 Oceanside, CA
Hmmm Interesting!

ClownPilot has no avatar on this thread. Wonder why?...

Dec 8, 2005
- - Los Angeles
You Shall Know the Truth and Truth Shall Make You Mad

Goodness …that is painful when you mess with Pearson Owners? They’ve earned their “Come~up~ins” early on… Title quote from Aldous Huxley

B

bio

You shall spread untruth and it shall make you

a pathetic liar. If it was true, than I wouldn't be mad, I would be getting a different boat! I know they not truths are because my 26s performes superbly...does everything I want with NO PROBLEMS. Cruised coasts off north carolina, south carolina, east and west coast of fla., keys, and all sorts of lakes in between. 20 mph winds and 6 foot waves with no problem (excitement yes, structural/handling problems, no). Again, my empirical data reflects no astructural or handling problems with my 26s! Lets see you do that on your boat you yours...The owner satisfaction, resales stats, coastal/lake cruising records and racing stats all reflect how full of feces you are yours

Nov 9, 2007
!

i hope you weren't refering to me? i'd really like to end this arguement and keep on the topic of trailering a p26. i hired a hauler this year, but i don't really want to again. it's inconvenient for me. AND: for the record, i never commented for or against either boat, my only post concerning the macgregor was that a trailersailor is not what i require

Nov 9, 2007
OHMIGOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just put the down payment on the best deal of my life!!!! $60,000 for a CD36 and a Pearson 36 together!!!! Once I pay off enough i'm gonna move aboard "Surfer Girl" (CD36) and get a slip for "Dancing Queen"(P36) somewhere! I'm leaving for FL on Sunday

C

ClownPilot

Good for you SV

This is the true ClownPilot. Have had a few posts come in that wasn't really mine. Should have my Avatar show up or at least my name as a link. Anyway, I harbour no malice in my heart to no man barber, butcher or sailor. This all started out as a lighthearted 'tongue in cheek' retaliation for what we laughingly refer to as a 'first strike' on our board. The board designated for Macgregor owners that is. I guess the problem is, I see life most of the time as a Mel Brooks satire and don't let things get me ruffled-up. Could be good depending on what you believe in I guess. Auf Weidersein

Oct 18, 2007
Macgregor 26S Lucama, NC
how many

Hey, Bob! How many boats do you have? You gonna line 'em up and walk from Maine to Fla on them? It must be nice to experience different boats so often. Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.