trailer trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 6, 2009
Hunter 40 Camano Island
Trailer swap

I have a 2 wheel x trailer licensed in oregon, sitting in washington I would swap..... send a note if you are interested or if you still want to trade...

any pics online of the 4wheel trailer?

Apr 20, 2010
MacGregor 26M Bellingham
I am buying a 2003 26m in the US with the intent of importing it into BC, Canada.
The seller has made modifications on his original MacGregor trailer by adding an axle (2 additional tires...), replacing the tires with heavy duty trailer tires. He has also rust-treated and repainted the trailer, making it like new and far superior to the original trailer.
Unfortunately I cannot legally import his trailer into Canada, since according to regulations, no modifications may be made on the original trailer - only maintenance.
So I would like to make a trade with someone with an original 26m trailer who would like to upgrade to a significantly better, pristine trailer, at no additional cost.
I will be picking up the boat in Las Vegas and driving it up to BC. So ideally I would like to trade trailers with someone in Washington, Oregon, or even Northern California.
It would really help me out and you would benefit from a far better trailer, which has a valid title and could easily be transferred. I can provide several good photos if you're interested.
Your trailer would have to be in good shape, ready for the road.
Thanks, Mike
We have a 2004 M trailer in Bellingham WA in excellent condition that we might be interested in trading. Contact me off the messageboard if you are interested.

walt

Jun 1, 2007
Macgregor 26S Hobie TI Ridgway Colorado
My Colorado trailer title doesn't show anything about the number of wheels - or if it does, its pretty cryptic..

What a shame if you can bring that trailer home with you!!!!!

Aug 28, 2009
MacGregor 26D BC
Mike, once you are in Washington, say Blaine, can you (costs?) get the boat shipped over the boarder here to BC by a boat mover and the trailer shipped separately as parts (wheels of etc) Then reassemble near by ie Dease Island marina etc or, hint hint Capt. K. Should there be any delays with your trailer.There are any number of X and M owners whose trailers would be empty. Capt K knows most of them in the lower main land BC and get you back to SA

Yes Sum as you know I’ve moved my axle back 12 inches but no second axle yet, next year. Have to earn more B point with my Captain.

Congrats on your purchase keep us all posted on your adventure. If I can help let me know I'm nearby in Falkland and have a 26D.
Mic

987Jim

Apr 22, 2010
MacGregor 2006 M Tacoma
I have a 2006 M, if you are still interested in a trailer trade let me know. I live about 20 miles from Seattle. Jim

Aug 28, 2009
MacGregor 26D BC
Congrats on your purchase keep us all posted on your adventure. If I can help let me know I'm nearby in Falkland and have a 26D.
Mic[/quote]

OOPs Sorry I got my locations Mixed with another thread .You are in Sannich.
How did you make out?
Mic

Apr 16, 2010
macgregor 26m saanich
I arrived yesterday towing my 26M from Las Vegas, NV to Port Angeles, WA, and ferried over to Victoria. Now comes the inspection and licensing challenges. I hope everything will go smoothly.
Thanks, Mike

Aug 28, 2009
MacGregor 26D BC
I arrived yesterday towing my 26M from Las Vegas, NV to Port Angeles, WA, and ferried over to Victoria. Now comes the inspection and licensing challenges. I hope everything will go smoothly.
Thanks, Mike
Congratulations, well done hope you enjoy it as much as we all do.

I assume you have covered your butt with our new boating requirement.

Looking forward to your adventures good and bad.

Mic

Aug 28, 2009
MacGregor 26D BC
Hey Mic,
New boating requirement? I'm not quite sure what you mean.
Mike
Hi Mike I mean the PCOC and VHF with ROC (M) which includes the DSC (emergency calling) My 40 year old radio licence (was for life but I must have lived toooo long) was no longer valid and I had to retake the exam, which they also say is for life-- yeah right!!! A number of boaters locally have been fined for not being complient and short of safety equiment The law are throwing the book at boaters with out them. Stiff fines.

Mic

Sumner

Jan 31, 2009
Macgregor & Endeavour 26S and 37 Utah's Canyon Country
Hi Mike I mean the PCOC and VHF with ROC (M) which includes the DSC (emergency calling) .............Mic
Hi Mic....just be glad you outlived the "for life" deal :);). Now could you tell me what the above means in "American" ;). Are you saying you need a VHF with DSC now in Canada?

Thanks and hope you live past the "for life" deal again,

Sum

Jun 8, 2004
Macgregor 26M Delta, B.C. Canada 26M not X
I doubt the DSC is mandatory and DSC is not 100% effective without an MMSI number, which most boaters do not have. I also doubt that visiting Americans have to comply with every little regulation, I believe they are subject to exceptions for some, for short durations.I don't know what ROC (M) is must be something new.

Sumner

Jan 31, 2009
I doubt the DSC is mandatory and DSC is not 100% effective without an MMSI number, which most boaters do not have. I also doubt that visiting Americans have to comply with every little regulation, I believe they are subject to exceptions for some, for short durations.I don't know what ROC (M) is must be something new.
Thanks, we just got a VHF with the DSC and will have the VHF hooked to a GPS while in Florida and will also apply for our number.

Not sure when we will make it back to Canada, but loved it up there and just want to keep up on things. You are right in the fact that they give us some slack I think for a couple weeks or maybe a month, I forgot :doh:,

Sum

Our Trips to Lake Powell, UT - Kootenay Lake, Canada - Priest Lake, ID

Our Mac Pages

Mac-Venture Links

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2009
MacGregor 26D BC

Hi Sum and Capt K

The permits and certificates are recognized both ways. That is Canada and that place South and West of us ?

ROC (M) --- "Restricted Operators Certificate" (Maritime) Radio is now divided into various Marine /Air deep sea/coast guard etc. Its not known as a licence which would need annual fee and renewal.

Due to the heightened security State side it would be wise to be compliant when going there. Having a VHF with out an MMSI (Maritime Mobile Service Identity) it would not be recognized by State authorities should it be necessary for someone trying to contacted you through it.

Here in Canada we have Coast Guard monitoring of Distress, Oral May Days and DSC (Digital Selective Calling --the RED Button--) This only on the West Coast and Great Lakes/East Coast. The rest of us rely on friendly Marinas and other boater on VHF Chnl 16 --- of course cell phones if near a relay beacon/transmitter are useful.

Sum, to day I started back on the trailer. 6 week late. Aiming to have the new springs, bearings, wiring, welding complete for the week end and boat back on by next Monday, then shake down yeh!

Sum what kind of fitting from the inflator do you have for blowing out the bilge. I have a small dingy tender with a foot pump. Sounds better than the suction camper 12V water pump?

Old age--I'm grateful very morning I wake up --- until I try to move. I need grease nipples in every joint. Hey why cannot they put botox in joints to cushion them. Once I get focused it all goes away. Until the "suns is over the yard arm then" I need a beer. It used to be the rum ration time.

Still getting ice on the boat in the morning
Cheers
Mic

Sumner

Jan 31, 2009
Hey Mic thanks for the clarification, your 'American' is improving;).

I just got the second fender mounted yesterday. The trailer is going a lot slower than anticipated. I got a 6 hour day in it the other day, but it seems like 4 hours a day is getting to be my work speed.

Hope to get the boat back off later today or tomorrow and get the final welding all done and then on to paint. I hate painting :cry:. Hopefully I'm done with it sometime next week. Only about 2 months behind my last fall's schedule :cry:. Getting over the accident and 2 trips to Calif. sure has mess things up. We were hoping to be out on Lake Powell about now. Probably good we aren't as it is cold and we have been having 40+ mph winds. The new goal is right after Memorial day (don't want to be out there then):).

On the ballast tank deal....

....I did something similar to Walt and put the above fitting in with JB weld (I want to reinforce the fitting). I can screw a plug into it or different size fittings for the.......

http://www.swimoutlet.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=19975&Click=310393

.... 12 volt air pump that we use to inflate the Zodiac. We haven't tried it to blow the ballast yet, so I can't say that any of what I've done works at this point. Maybe I'll remember to try it on our next trip. I spliced a female plug on to an extension cord and have two....

...battery clamps on the other end so that I can hook it to a small motorcycle battery that I take to the inflatable to blow it up. The pump will also suck and that is great to really pull the air out of the Zodiac and make it as small as possible for storage.

There are cigarette plug outlets in the boat if we use the pump there with it's plug end.

In the morning try some WD40 on the joints. How about taking pictures and post them of what you're doing,

Sum

Our Trips to Lake Powell, UT - Kootenay Lake, Canada - Priest Lake, ID

Our Mac Pages

Mac-Venture Links

Aug 28, 2009
MacGregor 26D BC
Hi Mic...." ;). Are you saying you need a VHF with DSC now in Canada?

Hi Sum No, its not manditory but manufactures have been told to including it (a few years ago). The only maditory communication equipment is of course flares.

We have high jacked this thread but no knowledge is wasted.

Thanks for the air pump web and installation. Its cheap enough, I have to look into that.

As for WD40 I don't like the taste.

Photos to follow
Mic

Status
Not open for further replies.