Trailer Jack Rating

Sep 24, 2018
O'Day 25 Chicago
I find the wheels on the jack to be really nice when hitching it to a vehicle. Saves a lot of stopping and checking alignment while backing up. Definite time saver when launching/retrieving with a tongue extension. When I was towing every week I could get things lined up pretty quickly

LloydB

Jan 15, 2006
Macgregor 22 Silverton
I take most the weight off the tongue when I park it for the winter but then I have to put a sawhorse underneath the stern to keep it from teeter-tottering to hold my weight when I climb aboard. It's easier to move around on the grass with a dolly but if I had a nice smooth concrete pad I would just use the wheel jack .

Sep 24, 2018
O'Day 25 Chicago
I take most the weight off the tongue when I park it for the winter but then I have to put a sawhorse underneath the stern to keep it from teeter-tottering to hold my weight when I climb aboard. It's easier to move around on the grass with a dolly but if I had a nice smooth concrete pad I would just use the wheel jack .
My last boat had a hatch fly open in the wind and then over the course of the next few months water/snow got in. When I came back three months later the boat was resting on the swim ladder!

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
My last boat had a hatch fly open in the wind and then over the course of the next few months water/snow got in. When I came back three months later the boat was resting on the swim ladder!
At least yours tilted backwards. I've seen some neglected boats in the yard tilted forward and water overflowed thru the companionway !