trailer info, Hunter 23.5, 1994

Jun 12, 2021
Hunter 240 Aqualand Marina, Lake Lanier
I have a 1998 H240 I bought in Juniper, Florida and towed home to Atlanta. I could not actually tell, but it seemed that some of the boat's weight was resting on the centerboard (it should not be this way). I had planned to remove the fabric covering and add about 3/4 of an inch to the top of the bunk boards. The boat has been in a slip for two years and I have never gotten around to working on the trailer.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
@patbratton

the 240 was introduced in October, 1997 for model year 1998. I am not sure if you had a Hunter or Magic Tilt made trailer. If the centerboard is jammed between the keel tray and the inside of the centerboard housing, then the bunk board supports were not long enough. Thus the top of the centerboard bracket and the back end of the centerboard itself would push the hull upwards. After two centerboards were damaged, I carried additional new support sections that were six inches longer and started at two inches higher for each support. Then it was trial and error after that. Sometimes I ended up shortening the new stalks. Make sure the bunk boards are adjusted properly particularly the ends of the bunk boards are not curling upwards into the hull.

After several times, I had the owner of Hunter, Warren Luhrs, come out and saw the problem listening to me. Warren and I respected each other.

I saw your post about the galley pump. Good call. So that you know, the forum store has the build list of Parts for your boat. The other responses were also good were good as well.

keep us posted with photos if applicable on the bunk board supports. Also give us how the additional water ballast goes. Thanks

Jul 22, 2017
Hunter 23.5 Punta Gorda, FL
Group, Does anyone have the Majic Tilt BG0088 trailer designed for the 240? Are the bunks and the panels for the swing keel similar to the factory trailer? Will this work with the 23.5? I got a quote for the BG0088 with brakes and load range D tires for $4500. Just wanted to get some feed back before I commit to the purchase, any additional information would be appreciated. I realize some of my questions are redundant but wanted to find out if there was any additional or new thoughts. Thanks,
Rob

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
concur with assessment. check to make sure that the bunk board supports are properly adjusted so the centerboard is not pinched between the keel tray and centerboard housing

Sep 29, 2008
hunter 240 Dewey beach, De
FYI I posted recently about my Hunter 240 trailer stalks that support the bunks were completely rusted out. Also springs and axle were in bad shape. I found a trailer builder me in Georgetown De. who replaced the axel, leaf springs and stalks BTW were perfect height, and recovered the bunks for $2300.

Jun 12, 2021
Hunter 240 Aqualand Marina, Lake Lanier
Is there a reference sheet showing what parts are the same for a Hunter 23.5 and 240?

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
The first trailers were painted, not galvanized. Parts need to be inspected first due to age and corrosion. Last trailer built was appx 25 years ago.

Aug 12, 2023
O Day, Clarke Boat Spindrift Daysailer 17, San Juan 21 Cape Cod, Outer Banks
Looking for the 2 fender supports or brackets for a Hunter 23.5 Trailer
Thanks

Aug 12, 2023
O Day, Clarke Boat Spindrift Daysailer 17, San Juan 21 Cape Cod, Outer Banks
Group, Does anyone have the Majic Tilt BG0088 trailer designed for the 240? Are the bunks and the panels for the swing keel similar to the factory trailer? Will this work with the 23.5? I got a quote for the BG0088 with brakes and load range D tires for $4500. Just wanted to get some feed back before I commit to the purchase, any additional information would be appreciated. I realize some of my questions are redundant but wanted to find out if there was any additional or new thoughts. Thanks,
Rob