Tow Boat US

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Only pay for what you think you may need based on your planned boating adventures.

If you are a bit of a wild sailor and feel depth gauges are woosies I'd go for the entire package. Include trailer option if you haul your boat to the water.

It is insurance. You pay the fee and hope you never need it.

Sep 25, 2008
Alden 50 Sarasota, Florida
Why limit yourself to only one tow company unless it is the only one around where you generally sail?

Nov 26, 2008
Endeavour 42 Cruisin
The highest level has a nice feature...they will move your boat anywhere within 25 miles. So if you have ANY issue they can move you to a yard. I had a trans failure and they moved me to a marina where I could get it fixed. Lower levels of coverage only respond if you are grounded or in an emergency.

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
The highest level has a nice feature...they will move your boat anywhere within 25 miles. So if you have ANY issue they can move you to a yard. I had a trans failure and they moved me to a marina where I could get it fixed. Lower levels of coverage only respond if you are grounded or in an emergency.
Does the boat need to be disabled? I've been thinking the yard that has my boat and is trying to sell it isn't doing very much advertisement. Maybe another brokerage would get after it a bit more. I have Sea Tow - but I have to check that expiration date.

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
For 30+ years we only had basic towing that comes with a BoatUS membership. This year we upgraded to unlimited towing on our BoatUS/Geico insurance policy because next year we're headed down the ICW and the ICW is known for shoaling. Lake Ontario, where we have sailed for 30 years is not known for shallow water and we have a sailboat. With sailboats, you sail them out and you sail them in.

Mar 20, 2011
Hunter 31_83-87 New Orleans
I believe Sea Tow is in Galveston area and Tow Boat Us is based out if Kemah so it depends on where u intend to dock ur boat. I’m in kemah area and have Unlimited Tow Boat Us for about $150/yr. had rudder issues in the bay and had Tow Boat US bring me back to dock and then movements to/from boat yard for repairs and all was covered under my policy.