Topping Lift - 1992 Hunter 30

Feb 25, 2014
Hunter Hunter 30 Lake Lanier
I need to replace the topping lift on my Hunter 30 and need to get the length and diameter of the line. Reviewed the materials in my manual, but no luck in this area.

Thank You,

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 30_88-94 Ipswich, Ma MA
I replaced my topping lift two years ago on our 93 Hunter 30T. I have the work sheet and invoice. The finished length is115’ which includes a whipped end and eye splice. The line is New England Ropes VPC: 8mm (5/16) diameter. Like I mentioned, 115’ is the finished length, not sure what they added for the eye splice.
I got it online from Annapolis Performance Sailing, the cost was $160.53.
Unfortunately the no longer do running, not sure why, as they were very good at it.
You can also figure the length by using IJPE dimensions which are given on this site under Owners Resources- Boat Information by Model- Specifications.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Chris you might look for the line at a outlet serving the arborists or logging companies. They have the same line sources but often sell the line without the marine up charge.

As an example. Here is one I found in Atlanta. Novabraid Novablue Premium Polyester Double Braid Rope

Nova line is excellent polyester double braid line. 300 ft of 1/2 inch for $205 means about $0.68 a foot. You may also discover random cutoff lengths in a discount bin.