Top of Bow/Deck

Dec 11, 2015
Hunter 25 Plymouth
Dear fellow sailors:

Where the bow meets the deck and where the mooring lines are tied off consists of fiberglass which takes a beating by the mooring lines. I would like to cover this area with stainless steel for resilience however I would have to have a custom piece made which may be difficult. Another thought was to have a 3/16 piece of stainless steel cut which I could then shape to the bow top. This may also be difficult. Any suggestions appreciated!

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Pictures of the area you are interested in protecting?
Stainless square tubing or 'C' channel, 'L' channel, a single flat plate?
Best suggestion: Anchor roller.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
3/16" SS may be overkill. The foredeck on my boat has a SS plate that is only ⅛" that is more than adequate.

Make a cardboard template and take it to a metal fabricator. It should be easy enough for them to cut it. The foredeck gets quite wet, drill the holes out and fill with epoxy then install the plate. This will help keep the core dry.

vetch

Dec 3, 2011
Prout Manta 38 St. Augustine
3/16" SS may be overkill. The foredeck on my boat has a SS plate that is only ⅛" that is more than adequate.
That was my thoughts too. It would get super hard working it too. Even drilling holes has to be done correctly at that thickness to avoid trouble.