Toilet seats

Bob S

Sep 27, 2007
Beneteau 393 New Bedford, MA
I installed a Raritan Elegance a few seasons ago. We love it but recently my wife said the seat broke. It snapped at the hinge that slows the drop speed. I don’t understand how, she weighs 120 lbs wet. Has anyone found replacements at the big box stores?

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
If it has the standard household bowl, the "round" seats should fit, not the elongated ones.

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
Bob, I'd take the seat and lid with you to the big box store cuz you'll need to match hinges locations if you want the new seat to fit the bowl But first...I'd give Raritan a call. Every now and then equipment mfrs--not just toilets--get a bad batch of something, or they find out the hard way that they spec'd a material that failed too quickly. Not saying that is the case with your Elegance seat, but if yours isn't the first seat that's broken, Raritan may replace it even though the toilet is out of warranty. You have nothing to lose by reporting it to 'em. 800-352-5630 Talk to Jerry at extension 236 and tell him I suggested you call.

Btw, Scott...Bemis supplies seats to just about every US toilet mfr. Not sure about the seats, but I replaced 3 in my house about a year ago and don't recall seeing that brand at Lowe's. They did have Kohler round seats for a very reasonable price, though.

--Peggie

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
I am not sure but what ever the name printed on seat is what I did search and some were very pricey but
after doing many searches I found a good price for the whole seat which I needed to replace.