Toe Rail

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Russ Garecht

Has anyone ever tried to, or succeded in, putting toe rail on a 29.5? Russ Her Diamond Ring

A

Andy

Or even a cleat

Or has anyone ever put a midship cleat on the rail? I think I saw a midship cleat in a mold of the new 29.

A

Alex

Just bow cleats..

..Instead of those flimsy original ones on early models , inside the chain locker.. Those-original ones- developed significant play 6 months from anew.. good thing I didn't need them.. I would advise to check if you can have midship cleat mounted near the chainplate since one can get there from within. Make sure to have sifnificant bolts and SS backplates. .. You gave me an idea..I might try that on my 29.5..

D

Dan

29.5 midship cleats and bow cleats

I added bow cleats in addition to the 2 already in the anchor locker. Not a big job. However make sure to use sturdy backing. I think I used a strip of 3/8" stainless about 2" longer than the cleats I installed. The cleats are well sealed and tight to the decking. I still use the cleats in the anchor locker for the bow lines and use the deck bow cleats for the spring lines. For a midship cleat, I was going to install them by the stantions midship. Figured it was a bit of a hassle. So I put on the portable sliding cleats on the jib sheet tracks. They work fine for docking puposes. However, I don't leave the boat tied up to these cleats. They are probably OK, but I don't think the track is designed for this type of wear over a long period on time. Like I said, it is great for docking purposes - but then I tie off with the more permanent cleats.

Status
Not open for further replies.