Tips for finding marinas that accommodate trailer sailors

Apr 7, 2021
Cape Dory 22 Clear Lake
I’m looking for any tips for finding information, in any chosen area, about marina services, launching, retrieving, and docking/slip availability for my sailboat?

I haven’t had much luck with calling, or researching online. If I do call, and happen to get a hold of someone, they haven’t had the services I’m looking for, and they don’t know of any place to recommend that does.

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Do an internet search on "California boat launches" and you will find plenty of them. Where do you want to launch your sailboat? I see you are from California. I have launched my ski boat all over northern California, including Clear Lake, Lake Berryessa, Lake Shasta, Lake Tahoe, Suisun Bay and all over the Delta to name a few over 25 years. Happy to identify launch ramp options for you, where ever you want to sail.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2021
Cape Dory 22 Clear Lake
Do an internet search on "California boat launches" and you will find plenty of them. Where do you want to launch your sailboat? I see you are from California. I have launched my ski boat all over northern California, including Clear Lake, Lake Berryessa, Lake Shasta, Lake Tahoe, Suisun Bay and all over the Delta to name a few over 25 years. Happy to identify launch ramp options for you, where ever you want to sail.
I was thinking out of state. Maybe The San Juan Islands, WA; or Lake Pend Oreille, ID.

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Last edited: