time to re-paint non skid deck and cockpit

mrreg

Jun 16, 2014
Catalina 30 8087 Alameda, CA
Any suggestions on product to use to re-do my non-skid deck on 1978 catalina 30. Comparing Awlgrip with Interdeck. Any suggestions. I plan to do the work myself. Most non-skid is in good condition except for one cockpit seat cover that has some chipping (see photo). chips are in no skid, not fiberglass.
Thanks,
Russ Grant (Granted...At Last) out of Alameda, CA

Attachments

RoyS

Jun 3, 2012
Hunter 33 Steamboat Wharf, Hull, MA
Suspect seat cover has been flexing causing non-skid to chip. Have you considered kiwi grip? Very easy to apply and very easy to repair in the future.

Sep 23, 2009
O'Day 34-At Last Rock Hall, Md
Sand all non skid with 80 grit. Fill with thickened epoxy. Paint with All Boat deck paint which is easily tintable and easy to keep clean while being easy to apply with standard rollers.
Others will have other plans. No matter how you do it, the results will be a big improvement. Good luck and post some pics.

Mar 13, 2011
Islander Freeport 41 Longmont
+1 on the kiwi grip.

Very easy to use and water cleanup.

Preparation is the key to success. Follow the manufacturers recommendations and it will be easy.

mrreg

Jun 16, 2014
Catalina 30 8087 Alameda, CA
Thank you to all for your input on non skid deck. Doing bottom of boat this week, then will be tackling the non-skid after refueling my body...
Russ Grant