Time for a new trailer?

Feb 10, 2008
Catalina Capri 22 Boise
After 10years our trailer is pretty beat up. Blown tires wrecked the fenders, sheared studs caused a spark show with the wheel passing us on I-84 near Reno, subsequent tow bent the frame pretty good.

Not anxious to repeat any of those experiences, would like to get a double axle for redundancy. Anyone know if trail rite is still making trailers for the Capri22? Would they be willing to do double axle? Any price guesses?

Feb 16, 2017
Trailrite is out of business for years......There is always a good trailer to be found and can be quickly modified, or you can spend a bunch of money like 5k or more for Triad. Double axel is not needed at all and it is very hard to turn in a storage yard situation. One usually cannot move a double axle trailer without a vehicle

Jul 31, 2010
Catalina Capri 22 39 Seneca, SC
A friend has an awesome tandem axle trailer for sale, custom built for the Capri 22 fin keel though you'd have to come to SC to get it.

Feb 10, 2008
Catalina Capri 22 Boise
Never got a new trailer. Got a quote for like $6K from Triad, couldn't get anyone around to work on my trailer. I live in Boise, ID. So, basically I gave up.

Nov 21, 2012
Yamaha 33 Port Ludlow, WA
You could rebuild your existing trailer or a generic one, add brakes, and another axle for a lot less than $6k. PM me if you want a couple of suggestions in Boise.

Jan 22, 2008
Catalina 310 278 Lyndeborough NH
After having a very expensive "tow home" late night at the end of the season, decided to purchase a new Triad Trailer.

After finally launching this week, I am delighted to have spent the money rather than "fixing" the old modified trailer one more time.

The build in extension allows me to launch from a standard ramp (1:12 slope) without getting my Grand Cherokee's wheels even close to the water!

We do intend to trailer the Capri 22 much more in the future since we purchased a Catalina 310.