Tight squeeze

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
I've been going to the boat once a week almost all winter. Usually the only guy in the marina. I have my wife call me about every hour. If I don't answer she calls every 15 minutes and if after two more calls will a call the police and ask them to check on me.

Sep 22, 2018
Catalina 30 Bristol RI
Good plan. She's the one that took the picture. "can you hand me that wrench?....Wait, I'm taking a picture"

Jun 2, 2018
Catalina 28 mk ii Port Orchard
hatch slams shut, and the hasp engages.... and they will find your body in the summer...

Your wife every ask you about your life insurance policy while you're wedged in there? Because that might be a warning sign....

Looks like you are replacing the vented loop for the ??? I know I have two of them back there, but don't know which is which.

Sep 22, 2018
Catalina 30 Bristol RI
Hmmm. Funny thing is she asked about it on the ride down.
Replacing the hoses to the holding tank. Putting in a new toilet, so replacing all the lines too. Fun job.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
My dad had a phrase for your condition.

As snug as a bug in a rug.

It’s not just about getting in there. It’s also about remembering just how you turned your body wiggling in and then trying to repeat the process in reverse.

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
hatch slams shut, and the hasp engages.... and they will find your body in the summer...

Your wife every ask you about your life insurance policy while you're wedged in there? Because that might be a warning sign....

Looks like you are replacing the vented loop for the ??? I know I have two of them back there, but don't know which is which.
I don’t know why any boat builder uses hasps. The can close on you like that, and open when knocked down allowing downflooding.

Best to use an auto-latching device that allows opening from the inside.

jwing

Jun 5, 2014
ODay Mariner Guntersville
The use of a padlock or a short piece or rope will preclude both of those possibilities.

Apr 26, 2018
Catalina Catalina 30 Bayview
That Lazarette is really hard and I am 5'8". winterizing the hot water tank, adjusting throttle cables, filling the expansion tank, all the fun duties in there. I also don't go in there unsupervised.

Jul 12, 2011
Leopard 40 Jupiter, Florida
Seeing these always reminds me of the original Star Wars ...
Luke Skywalker: Boy, it's lucky you have these compartments.
Han Solo: I use them for smuggling. I never thought I'd be smuggling myself in them. This is ridiculous.