thru hole replacement

Jun 20, 2021
Beneteau 343 Fort Lauderdale
This gally sink drain thru hole needs replacement. How do I locate a part?

Would it be a reasonable expectation to pull it out and run over to West Marine? Or, where could I locate the part.

I use the sink so I'd like to try and fix it in a single day instead of my usual 2 week cycle.

PXL_20210904_132326712.MP.jpg

PovilO

Oct 9, 2017
Beneteau 361 New York
Defender.com, Look for the Groco thru hull with the combination thread, a valve and a hose adapter

Jun 20, 2021
Defender.com, Look for the Groco thru hull with the combination thread, a valve and a hose adapter
I'll check. I thought just the PVC that actually goes through just needed to be replaced.

PovilO

Oct 9, 2017
Beneteau 361 New York
If the only thing that needs replacing is the hose you can get that at your local West Marine. Check the valve for easy
operation.

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
............ Would it be a reasonable expectation to pull it out and run over to West Marine?................
Yes.........are you going to do this while the boat is in the water? If so, I would have a second person available to dive on the thruhull, some plugs of various sizes and follow this video: Replace a throughhull while the boat is in the water - Bing video Suggest buying the thruhull and valve ahead of time to have them ready to go, and if you are now sure of the sure of the size buy a couple of different sizes from West Marine and return the ones you do not use for a full refund.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2021
............ Would it be a reasonable expectation to pull it out and run over to West Marine?................
Yes.........are you going to do this while the boat is in the water? If so, I would have a second person available to dive on the thruhull, some plugs of various sizes and follow this video: Replace a throughhull while the boat is in the water - Bing video Suggest buying the thruhull and valve ahead of time to have them ready to go, and if you are now sure of the sure of the size buy a couple of different sizes from West Marine and return the ones you do not use for a full refund.
I'm on the hard. the outside flange is cracked although the brass valve doesn't seem to want to close all the way.

Mar 20, 2016
Beneteau 351 WYC Whitby
I'm on the hard. the outside flange is cracked although the brass valve doesn't seem to want to close all the way.
Then do it the right way with a pad and groco adapter . Go to marinehowto.com for seacock replacement with G10 pad that meets ABYC for side load and "double seal inside and out" . You will be able to change the thru hull in the water and no leaks into boat and replace the valve without thru hull replacement in the future. Picture a bit blury , this is before I added 316 stainless ball valve . The adapter also converts from NPS to NPT for ball valve. Did 6 this spring all eplaced

Attachments

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
This gally sink drain thru hole needs replacement. How do I locate a part?

Would it be a reasonable expectation to pull it out and run over to West Marine? Or, where could I locate the part.
I am also contemplating replacement of the galley drain thru hull, valve, tailpiece, & hose on next haul out.
I don't think West Marine is going to have those components in stock. Will look at again when I go to boat tomorrow; however, as best as I
can recall, there is a 30 degree or 45 degree offset attached to the thru hull fitting. I haven't sourced a suitable bronze replacement yet,
because, I am not sure what I need. The thru hull assembly for the head discharge is same; it needs replacement also. Will ask around to see what others have done.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2009
Parker Skipjack 37 Clearwater
Better replace all with Forespar Marelon. Most of Benny s have cheap Italian made thru hulls and attached valves which corrode easily in salt water as they are made of many different metals and freeze and handles will snap off if you try to use them. Im going to spend $2000 to go to a yard and replace all of them on my 1990 41S5 . Forespar is all super strong plastic which does not corrode !!