Three water tanks on P420

May 21, 2015
Hunter 420 Lake City, MN
I just took delivery of my 1999 Passage 420. While getting her ready for the season, the water smelled awful coming out of the faucets. Our rigger suggested we drain the tanks three or four times and then put about a cup of bleach in each tank and refill them. Then run the water until we smelled chlorine coming out and let them sit for a day or two. Problem is, only the starboard tank empties before the water runs out. How do I get the other two tanks to empty? Is there a manifold somewhere that I am missing?

KD3PC

Sep 25, 2008
boatless rainbow Callao, VA
definitely should be a manifold or valves. On my 1991 the valves were to port between the nav station and the settee, near the end of the port side tank.

You may need to map out the water lines to find it. The valves may have been relocated to be near the fresh water pump.

Nov 9, 2004
Hunter Passage 420 Rock Hall, MD
The valves should be under the table settee next to the TV if it is like our 2000.

May 21, 2015
Hunter 420 Lake City, MN
Thanks! That's one place I didn't get around to. Will do that first thing this weekend.

May 21, 2015
Hunter 420 Lake City, MN
Great! I went to the compartment and quickly discovered the problem. There was no manifold and only one tank is connected. Now I have to construct a manifold from parts from the hardware store. Grumble, grumble, grumble...