Thistle Dew is in the water!

Aug 5, 2019
Macgregor 26 S NJ
I think I have steering wheel envy :), the rest of the boat looks so nice and clean too. Mine has not seen the water in about 6-7 years and I am just waiting on motor vehicles to open so I can transfer the title & register it and pop it in the water.

Oct 11, 2019
MacGregor 26D Kingston
I'll admit, the wheel actually seems to free up the cockpit a bit. The outside is clean, inside, not so much. lol. that's the next part of the project. DMV is closed here too, but I figured it might as well wait in the water as opposed to on dry land

Aug 5, 2019
Macgregor 26 S NJ
How's it going, have you been able to register it and take it out yet? I gave up the state of NJ opening up their dmv and went and titled and registered my boat in PA (I have a house there too), it was so easy and cheaper too, I shouldn't have wasted time on waiting for NJ to get their act together.

Oct 11, 2019
MacGregor 26D Kingston
I have been working on some of the electrical stuff, but also waiting on DMV here too. I did try to take it out into the river the other day, but on the 5 to 10 minute motor out, the engine started sputtering about halfway and the whole discretion being the better part of valour that comes with old age found me turning around and getting back to my slip. more seafoam in hopes I don't have to tear it apart lol

Aug 5, 2019
Macgregor 26 S NJ
I hear you, better safe than sorry in turning back than getting stuck out on the water, with no valid registration to boot. FYI, they never even asked for a PA address to title it and register it in PA, just saying. You just walk into a contracted private business that does the dmv work like the used car dealer I went to, I couldn't believe how easy it was.

Oct 11, 2019
MacGregor 26D Kingston
right now, they're going easy on reg and anything expired because of everything, plus it still has her old Vermont numbers on her still. the earliest DMV appointments here are mid to late July

Aug 5, 2019
Macgregor 26 S NJ
Last weekend here in NJ the state police marine guys were at the local small lake checking registrations, I couldn't believe it. Good thing I had my legal Jonboat.