This would be cool for those with larger boats.

pateco

Aug 12, 2014
Hunter 31 (1983) Pompano Beach FL
This popped up as an ad an a website I was visiting. I had to take a look at it.

Electric Mooring Cleat.

capta

Jun 4, 2009
Pearson 530 Admiralty Bay, Bequia SVG
Just in case I forget how to drive my boat, I've got an electric windlass with a drum and two electric Lewmar 65st's. Don't really think I need those on board, too.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
For the boater who has everything and thinks he/she needs more...

Just imagine. It is a windy night. Your coming in to the dock. They have given you a tie on the rocky shoal side of the dock. You need power to just get up to the dock to throw out your line. But you got your trusty Winch Cleat. So you make a wrap and power up the cleat that is going to save your boat from those nasty rocks.
And as it starts the line twists, the winch keeps winding till it stalls and you have a ugly back wound knot on the cleat. Your still too far from the dock unless you jump and the wind filled waves have covered the dock with a slick layer of pretty sea foam.

No I think I'll just give my dock lines a pull and a manual wrap around a cleat.

But there is someone out there who will buy it.

pateco

Aug 12, 2014
Hunter 31 (1983) Pompano Beach FL
I think for boats with large heavy mooring lines it might be a good alternative to a burly deck hand.

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
I don't get it.... tell me again why you need that.

Oct 2, 2008
Pearson/ 530 Strafford, NH
Well I can see a windlass sitting there doing nothing while the little cleat drive is doing all the work.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
I want one on the dock side with a tide sensor to take up slack at high tide and let it out at low tide.
I noticed you still have to tie your own hitch so, they aren't quite there for their market yet, I think.

I think for boats with large heavy mooring lines it might be a good alternative to a burly deck hand.
No, this is a good alternative to a burly deckhand

;)

- Will (Dragonfly)

jwing

Jun 5, 2014
ODay Mariner Guntersville
Dam, Will, your first idea was creatively genius. The second two ideas were good, but I'd thought of them, too. However, my vision of the alternative to the burly deckhand was me in the cockpit sipping my first drink of the day while a couple of bikini (or less)-clad crew are fixing the heavy mooring lines using the motorized cleats. I'll give others the opportunity to surf the net for photographic representation of this vision to share here.