This weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobM

Jun 10, 2004
S2 9.2A Winthrop, MA
Weather this weekend with potentially break an all time high with 80+ degrees both Sat. and Sun.

Unfortunately it is brush day Sat. at the town barn and the massive ice storm we had this winter means I get to spend Sat. filling up my pickup bed with branches and taking them to the town barn for chipping. Plus we have to do all our weekend activities on Sunday...so I won't even get an opportunity to remove my winter cover.:cussing:

caguy

Sep 22, 2006
Catalina, Luger C-27, Adventure 30 Marina del Rey
Hire somebodies to get the work done. Its an employers market out there. It will help stimulate the economy and allow you to go sailing. I have a ton of rationales for avoiding yard work. You guys musy be getting the weather we had last week. This weekend won't break out of the 60's. I'll take my own advice and hire a couple of laborers to sand and prep the house for painting so I can go sailing next week.

BobT

Sep 29, 2008
Gulfstar 37 North East River, Chesapeake Bay
YES! Frustration! My intent was to have all work done and launch in April. I haven't been to the marina in three weeks and the last time I Was there I metered soggy core around the chain plates. Got them disassembled and port side opened up inside to dry, but stuck in NC this hot sunny weekend and too much 'regular' work at home to see a chance to do the repairs for another week and a half. <insert expletive> !! what about that brisk spring sailing? Jeeez....

BobM

Jun 10, 2004
S2 9.2A Winthrop, MA
I wish! Unfortunately no cash to spare. My latest economic stimulus package, a new roof, is looking like it will be just over $30K! So much for roofers being "hungry" for work. That is the cheapest quote to boot. Others were as high as $35k, but it is a huge roof (6600 sq ft including the three car garage) and the post and beam center section means about $5000 must be spent building up the deck to meet current code for insulation. In 1964 R5 was apparently fine...of course home heating oil was probably 35 cents a gallon.

Dec 6, 2005
S2 8.0 c Chesapeake City, MD
I looked for you last weekend, I was doing some chainplate repair as well. I saw a lot of people working in the yard but didn't spot your S2. Are you at the bottom of the yard or the top? What's your boats name?

John
S2 8.0(c)
Bohemia Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.