Rick D

Jun 14, 2008
Hunter Legend 40.5 Shoreline Marina Long Beach CA
I think This Just Went Viral

I suspect he'll sell it soon!

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
It's a funny piece...but not good ad copy. A short humorous paragraph was plenty... the rest is the author's ego.

Gunni

Mar 16, 2010
Beneteau 411 Oceanis Annapolis
...And by the way, if you are the type of person who covers your bed with any amount of (especially more than two) decorative pillows, please do not call about my Boat. I am not interested in selling this to a decorative pillow type which is too bad because you my friend are the type that needs this boat more than anyone...

Now, that's funny!

JohnS

Sep 25, 2008
Islander (Wayfarer/McGlasson) 32 St Georges Harbor
And here I am staring at one of the many screens I find myself staring at during most my waking hours. Yeah, I need a change, but one boat's enough for me.

Nov 9, 2012
Oday 192 Lake Nockamixon
In my opinion, speaking from the standpoint of a BA in English Literature, decent concept (although it's been done before for a Jeep on Craigslist), but poor execution.

Brian

Feb 20, 2011
Island Packet 35 Tucson, AZ/San Carlos, MX
In my opinion, speaking from the standpoint of a BA in English Literature, decent concept (although it's been done before for a Jeep on Craigslist), but poor execution.

Brian
Don't get me started. ;)

Ted

Jan 26, 2005
C&C 110 Bay Shore, Long Island, NY
THIS is how you sell a boat...

I couldn't help myself! I bought the boat.

Rick I

Jan 6, 2007
CS36Merlin and Beneteau 393 - Toronto

Brian
Stating one's supposed qualifications before giving one's opinion indicates a lack of confidence in that opinion. Just speak your mind. We can determine whether your view is valid or not. In this instance I would say not. Have a nice day.

May 4, 2005
Macgregor 26d Ft Lauderdale, Fl
am I the only one disappointed that there were no hot chicks in the link?

Aug 16, 2009
Hunter 1986 H31 California Yacht Marina, Chula Vista, CA
Oh, I thought he was referring to Kurt Russell as Captain Ron

Nov 9, 2012
Oday 192 Lake Nockamixon
Jeebus, Rick...

I challenge you to compare this: http://www.uproxx.com/webculture/2013/10/check-balls-texas-mans-craigslist-ad-jeep-wrangler/ to the poor execution of the boat ad in question, and not come to the same conclusion I have. Regardless of my "qualifications."

The fact is, the guy posting the boat ad needs a competent editor. Or perhaps he needs to go back to English Composition 101.

Brian

Stating one's supposed qualifications before giving one's opinion indicates a lack of confidence in that opinion. Just speak your mind. We can determine whether your view is valid or not. In this instance I would say not. Have a nice day.

Rick I

Jan 6, 2007
CS36Merlin and Beneteau 393 - Toronto