Thinking about working on interior

Oct 9, 2008
Bristol 29.9 Dana Point
I've been thinking about improving the appearance of my interior. However, I don't want to get started on it only to realize it was fine as is. You know, has its own character etc.
looking for feedback. Thank you.

image.jpeg

Sep 24, 2018
O'Day 25 Chicago
My first thought is to remove anything loose (wear a good mask made for mold remediation!), pressure wash everything, let it dry and then use Kilz primer with a spray gun (faster than brush/roller). Just my thoughts. Im sure there will be many other opinions

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
and the problem with the interior is? :biggrin:

Get a basement sump pump and a pressure washer. Go to town. Wear protective gear.

Oct 9, 2008
Bristol 29.9 Dana Point
Assuming that there's no way anyone could look at the picture and not know it's humor, it must be that some of the posts are even drier than mine. :p

I found the pic on FB. A free boat listing.
My actual interior is in my profile pics. :biggrin:

Jun 8, 2004
Catalina 320 Dana Point
Hey !!!! That's my boat !!! You should have seen it before I dumped the empty wine bottles and dead hookers overboard.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Assuming that there's no way anyone could look at the picture and not know it's humor, it must be that some of the posts are even drier than mine. :p

I found the pic on FB. A free boat listing.
My actual interior is in my profile pics. :biggrin:
I'd take that anchor for free. Then....

1582563373537.png

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
I thought the dead hookers were part of the decor!
You should have kept the dead ones- they can be recycled/resued, you know. Other than that, I don't see a problem. Most Navy ships are charcoal gray, too.

JMR

Aug 6, 2017
S2 9.2CC Yankton, SD
There is nothing humorous about dead prostitutes! Really callous comments. Moderators?

Dec 23, 2016
Catalina 27 Clinton CT
A gallon of gas and a match and she will look great !!!!!
You will almost be able to see right through her.

capta

Jun 4, 2009
Pearson 530 Admiralty Bay, Bequia SVG
Actually, if you can get a few bucks for that useless Bruce go for it, otherwise, think carefully if the boat is worth investing any money in. For the cost of redoing that interior, I'd suggest you could find a pretty nice boat all ready to go sailing.
However, I have known a few people who prefer working on boats over sailing them, and if you are one of those, that might be the perfect boat for you.

Mar 1, 2012
1961 Rhodes Meridian 25 Texas coast
That Bruce is far from useless. I have a true Bruce on my 21 footer, and a S-L Claw version on the 25. In nearly 12,000 miles cruising on the 25 I've had it fail to set ONE time- That was in Frazier Hog Cay in the Berry's, in a place where the cruising guides told us no anchor would set. I'm sold on them.
left-side.jpg

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Actually, if you can get a few bucks for that useless Bruce go for it, otherwise, think carefully if the boat is worth investing any money in. For the cost of redoing that interior, I'd suggest you could find a pretty nice boat all ready to go sailing.
However, I have known a few people who prefer working on boats over sailing them, and if you are one of those, that might be the perfect boat for you.
The O.P. said in post #7 that it is just a joke.