They delivered my new mast and spreaders to the wrong place :(

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
Truck driver must have misinterpreted his GPS!!
Good news that its going to get delivered to the correct address.....All's well that ends well!

DougM

Jul 24, 2005
Beneteau 323 Manistee, MI
[QUOTE="HanBan, post: 1468360, member:
It's worth noting though, if any of you are thinking about replacing your mast - USSpars do a fantastic job packaging up all of that stuff.[/QUOTE]

+1 for US Spars! Had a new mast for my 323 delivered to Michigan last year. Excellent service, well packaged.
Mine came with all new running rigging installed. I would caution you to watch for drill shavings that may have been inside the mast that catch on the halyard. The could be nasty if you aren’t wearing gloves.

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
+1 for US Spars!.
I have had good experiences dealing with US Spars also; they actually answer the phone personally and are very helpful with ordering parts and arranging shipment.
Doug, why were you replacing your mast?
Reminds of a near catastrophe that happened with my previous boat. The yard was attempting to unstep the mast on a very windy day. An inexperienced worker loosened and removed too many turnbuckles/toggles before the crane was hooked up to the mast. The whole rig came crashing down; thankfully everything fell in the water. If it had hit the dock or fallen on land, I would have needed a new mast also. Minimal damage occurred. I wasn’t there when it happened, but needless to say, I was pissed about the incident.

DougM

Jul 24, 2005
Beneteau 323 Manistee, MI
Doug, why were you replacing your mast?
My mast came down in a high wind event in April 2017 while the boat was on the hard in winter storage. As near as we could determine, the intermediate stays were undone when the boat was shrink wrapped. As a result, the wind was enough to flex the mast laterally. It broke at the spreaders, so that it jumped out of the step and came down sideways.

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
My mast came down in a high wind event in April 2017 while the boat was on the hard in winter storage..
Wow, that was a catastrophe compared to my mishap. Good to hear that US Spars provided great service for you.

HanBan

Jan 18, 2018
Beneteau Oceanis 323 Pax River NAS
My mast came down in a high wind event in April 2017 while the boat was on the hard in winter storage. As near as we could determine, the intermediate stays were undone when the boat was shrink wrapped. As a result, the wind was enough to flex the mast laterally. It broke at the spreaders, so that it jumped out of the step and came down sideways.
Oh my gosh Doug, this is the sort of thing that would make me very upset. Our boat was dismasted along side, when a boat next to her sunk, it's rigging got tangled in our rigging, and that snapped everything off. That's why I bought her; we wanted to refit a boat from scratch so that we could learn as much as possible with our first boat, before ever sailing.

HanBan

Jan 18, 2018
Beneteau Oceanis 323 Pax River NAS
Truck driver must have misinterpreted his GPS!!
Good news that its going to get delivered to the correct address.....All's well that ends well!
BigEasy,
We found out yesterday that the rigging was delivered on a boat, though we weren't able to find out what kind of boat. Seemed like a really cool way to have it delivered to be honest.
Hannah

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
As most Naval Aviators learned quickly...
Just turn on the Oxygen, in that flight helmet, breathe deep and...

Headaches go away;)

Jim...

PS: NAS Pensacola wayyyy back:)